Stock Turbo specs?

RedZMonte

Does anyone know the stock trubo specs?

I know its a Garrett T25. does anyone know anything more about the turbo (.AR, Trim, compressor efficency, ect....)?

RedZ

http://aldridgec.home.att.net/TGP/TGP_introduction.htm

here are a few specs i just came by..

*Garret T-25 turbo .80 A/R intake , .62 A/R exhaust*

thats a FRICKING SMALL turbo!

If i decide to tear into the car if i get it. then i will be running a Turbonetics 60-1 HIFI (T3/T4 hibrid basicly) it has AWSOME compressor efficency and it should still spool very well and run happy off the 2.5" Downpipe.

RedZ

http://aldridgec.home.att.net/TGP/TGP_introduction.htm

here are a few specs i just came by..

*Garret T-25 turbo .80 A/R intake , .62 A/R exhaust*

thats a FRICKING SMALL turbo!

If i decide to tear into the car if i get it. then i will be running a Turbonetics 60-1 HIFI (T3/T4 hibrid basicly) it has AWSOME compressor efficency and it should still spool very well and run happy off the 2.5" Downpipe.

RedZ

Yeah I have heard good things about the T3/T4 hybrid. It should be a pretty easy swap too

Robby

It would require:

* Custom crossover

* Custom Downpipe (midify the stock one)

* modified piping to the I/C

Should be cake for me to do. Like i said the 60-1HIFI is a hibred but it is SUPER efficent.

RedZ

Guest TurboSedan

i still have no idea what turbo will be replacing my T25, but i was thinking that even a T03 like the one on my GTS would be a MAJOR improvement over that T-too small. the main thing i'm worried about is getting a custom downpipe made. i probably won't be upgrading the turbo until next year anyway, hell i don't even have the T25 on there yet. btw, my 3.1 just passed 200,000 miles!!! it's running awesome (not that it's fast). i wonder how much boost my 3.1 can handle till she blows? i'll be running the lowest boost possible of course at first (4-5 psi), but will probably use a grainger valve to raise the boost slowly to 8 psi and watch my A/F gauge VERY closely.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
I have heard 12psi wont hurt a 3.1L but I may be wrong

Robby

yeah, what worries me though is that i'm turbocharging a 200,000 mile 3.1....i don't want to blow it up the first month :) i will be rebuilding it eventually, probably with lower compression pistons so i can run at least 15psi....with a T3 of course.

joshua