When changing the pulley.....?

dkorinko

Ha no shit, why ask for advice if you aint going to listen anyways?

Because all you guys have different opinions, and I have just as many people locally telling me it will be just fine.

WE all have the same opinion here! But do whatever I guess. You car should be faster then it was but I bet you'll be getting kr out the ass(which will make it slower then it should be with proper supporting mods). Do yourself a favor and buy a scanner.

Well I guess we will have to see what happens....the pulley and belt have already been shipped, and I think the thermostat and plugs get sent out tomorrow.... So the stuff should be here within a few days... I will let you guys know what happens.

You have fun with that. I'm looking forward to hearing about your damaged pistons shortly.

Because all you guys have different opinions, and I have just as many people locally telling me it will be just fine.

First off, I don't see anybody who has a different opinion. It looks like everyone has the same opinion here.

IF YOU WON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE AT LEAST LISTEN TO ME!

MY MOM HAS A 2000 BONNEVILLE SSEI, MY DAD HAS A 2002 GTP, AND MY STEP-MOM HAS A 2004 MONTE CARLO SS (SUPERCHARGED). NONE OF THESE CARS ARE STOCK. I HAVE HELPED MOD EVERY ONE OF THESE CARS MYSELF, I'VE SCANNED ALL THESE CARS. THE GTP RUNS 11'S AND I HAVE TUNED IT SINCE DAY ONE, I SHOULD KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A 3.25" PULLEY AND YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES. THE MONTE CARLO HAS WAY MORE MODS THAN YOU, IT HAS ROCKERS, DOWNPIPE, NO CAT OR UBEND, DHP, COLDER TSTAT, AND WITH A 3.4 PULLEY AND NO TUNING IT STILL SEES A COUPLE DEGREES OF KR!!! THE SSEI ALSO HAS 3.4 PULLEY, ROCKERS, DHP, COLDER TSTAT, COLDER PLUGS, ETC.... AND WHILE IT DOESN'T GET ANY KR IF IT HAD A SMALLER PULLEY IT DEFINATELY WOULD

100 OCTANE WILL NOT HELP YOU THAT MUCH, IT WILL KILL A COUPLE DEGREES OF KR AND THAT IS ALL, YOU'LL NEED TO KILL 15 DEGREES OR MAYBE EVEN MORE

If you were smart, when you get your package, you wouldn't put the pulley on.

But, I don't know what I'm talking about. So you just go ahead and put that 3.25" pulley on there. :roll:

I hope you have fun!

Shawn

Well I guess we will have to see what happens....the pulley and belt have already been shipped, and I think the thermostat and plugs get sent out tomorrow.... So the stuff should be here within a few days... I will let you guys know what happens.

You have fun with that. I'm looking forward to hearing about your damaged pistons shortly.

First off, I don't see anybody who has a different opinion. It looks like everyone has the same opinion here.

IF YOU WON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE AT LEAST LISTEN TO ME!

MY MOM HAS A 2000 BONNEVILLE SSEI, MY DAD HAS A 2002 GTP, AND MY STEP-MOM HAS A 2004 MONTE CARLO SS (SUPERCHARGED). NONE OF THESE CARS ARE STOCK. I HAVE HELPED MOD EVERY ONE OF THESE CARS MYSELF, I'VE SCANNED ALL THESE CARS. THE GTP RUNS 11'S AND I HAVE TUNED IT SINCE DAY ONE, I SHOULD KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A 3.25" PULLEY AND YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES. THE MONTE CARLO HAS WAY MORE MODS THAN YOU, IT HAS ROCKERS, DOWNPIPE, NO CAT OR UBEND, DHP, COLDER TSTAT, AND WITH A 3.4 PULLEY AND NO TUNING IT STILL SEES A COUPLE DEGREES OF KR!!! THE SSEI ALSO HAS 3.4 PULLEY, ROCKERS, DHP, COLDER TSTAT, COLDER PLUGS, ETC.... AND WHILE IT DOESN'T GET ANY KR IF IT HAD A SMALLER PULLEY IT DEFINATELY WOULD

But, I don't know what I'm talking about. So you just go ahead and put that 3.25" pulley on there. :roll:

I hope you have fun!

Shawn

dude, chill... If he wants to find out for himself that's his business

The idea is maybe he will actually read my post since apparantly he hasn't read anyone elses. I'm trying to yell at him, thats the point. I hate to see a perfectly good L67 blow up from some dumb kid.

Shawn

The idea is maybe he will actually read my post since apparantly he hasn't read anyone elses. I'm trying to yell at him, thats the point. I hate to see a perfectly good L67 blow up from some dumb kid.

Shawn

Some dumb kid, yeah that had his TGP running 13.9 on only 11 lbs. of boost, Yeah....I'm real dumb, thanks.

Shawn

Some dumb kid, yeah that had his TGP running 13.9 on only 11 lbs. of boost, Yeah....I'm real dumb, thanks.

Mine ran 15.0 on 2psi (at the track, I have the actual timeslip), and 13.9 on 8.5psi WITH THE STOCK TURBO. (according to my g-tech which usually reads slower than what the car actually runs, and the car walked all over an '04 GTO 6 speed) But, thats besides the point.

You don't listen to people telling you how to not blow your car up. Sounds like your dumb to me.

Shawn

I just don't understand why you would even want to run the 3.25" pulley. It makes no sense. The car will be QUICKER with a 3.4..... It isn't a turbo car. The smaller the pulley, the more power it takes to turn the blower. Also a roots blower is VERY inefficient so the air coming out of it will be VERY VERY hot. Hot air = kr. KR means less timing, less timing means less power, yet the engine still has to turn the heavy rotors meaning even less power. The power gained from the boost increase has to overcome the increased amount of power it takes to spin the blower. When its hot air its not as dense and causes KR so I really don't see the advantage....

I REALLY don't want to see you blow that thing up, but apparantly you are way more stubborn than me and that is impressive IMO.

please dont run the 3.25 pulley without scanning. gurantee, youll prolly get 8*+ at 1/3 throttle,at which point, let off the gas, its not worth it

plz, im trying not to be an ass, but a 3.25 is way to small. it would be in your best interest not to run it. usually a 3.25 needs more hardcore like an IC or cam. an IC would help alot since it cools the air from the heat-producing M90