• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fastbird232

• jeremy

• White93z34

• Psych0matt

ehh, belts not so bad, just give your self some time. once i throw the new engine in ill hopefully break it in a few days, and if all goes well drive it back down here to school, then just drive the blazer til it gets nice, leaving me all kinds of time to do the belt, suspension, and other things. sorry for the tangent, but yeah, belt isnt so bad, just takes some time

Timing belt, Oil pump drive leak, lower intake gasket leak, check the front motor mount for oil around it (they can pop), Idle when first started (listen for a miss from failing fuel injectors)

Lower intake gasket? Never heard of them being a problem on the LQ1...

Ohh yeah, they are but no where near as bad as the 3x00 motors. IIRC: The LIM doesn't have coolant running through it, so it's not as big of a deal.

Davis, Don't worry about the LQ1. Just think of it as a Q4 with more power. :)

I didn't have any mechanical problems with mine and it wasn't scared to hit 7 grand. (/me misses the sound of an LQ1 at 7 grand too)

Also the LIM does have coolant in it and UIM only has coolant by the throttlebody. The differance between the LQ1 and the 3x00's is that the Valley is sealed, so who cares how much coolant leaks into the valley. it will not get into your oil.

Davis, Don't worry about the LQ1. Just think of it as a Q4 with more power. :)

I didn't have any mechanical problems with mine and it wasn't scared to hit 7 grand. (/me misses the sound of an LQ1 at 7 grand too)

To bad the auto's only shift at 6500. :cry:

I have heard that its a good plan to change the Timing Belt regardless just to have peace of mind with these things...?

is that a lengthy process?

claims he has put a new ALT on already so hopefull that is fine :D

The Estimated labor book sez that it is an eight hour job.... i can do it in about 3-4 of constant work.... but i have done one or two already

i was thinking about that O ring fix, i used a generic rubber O ring last time and it still leaks a little, i'm going to head to the parts store and get 2 distributer gaskets for say a 86' celeberity with a 2.8 make a cut in each one so they can go around the shaft and RTV everything well and let it set and i doubt it will ever leak again

That 91 5spd Z that you were talking about. That is advertised in my local newspaper (Kitchener- Waterloo Record). Asking $3000 CDN for it right??

best thing to do is test drive it... also catch the car on a cold day to see if it has coldstarts or shows symptoms of leaking intake gaskets. always a good idea to check the coolant befor and after driving it

I love how that add in "gas tank" as a feature on the 5-speed Z...

but yeah timing belt...I've done 3 thus far, and they are pretty simple...just alot to get there.

I love my shitty lumina