anyone have pics of blacked out tails? (lip)

Psych0matt

Thanks, Jerm (I thought those might pop up). Basically, I'm trying to decide if it would look dumb or not to do on my car. I figure I'll at least do the third brake light and side rear markers, but I dont know if the tails would look right or not :? (was also thinking about doing the front corners, unless anyone has any clears they want to sell me, or give me instructions)

I think that the dark tails would really only look good on either a black, white or silver car...other then that I wouldn't think about it...what I would do if I were you would be to pick up a cheap set of the rounded tails and tint those first, put them on and see what you think...at least that would give you an idea of how the tintied lights would contrast with the white....I would hate to see your tint the lipped ones and not like it, as you know they are tough to find in good shape...

My car had the rounded tails..I went to the yard one day found a complete mint 1994 international got the whole light assembly includeing the reverse section with lip spoiler for $100cdn.

i wanna see what a set of tinted tails would look like in my car...but i don't wanna do mine just in case i don't like em...i wish i coulda borrowed jeremy's before he sold his car... :bash:

Not that I would reccommend this, but if you were to tint your taillights using the same stuff I did my signal lights with ( Pactra RC tint spray ), you could wash the shit off with SuperClean if you dont like it, as long as it isn't totally cured. When I did my side markers, I ended up not liking the look and had to do that. Came off pretty easily and cleanly.

If I were you, I'd just start with very light coat, and if you think slightly darker would look good, add another, and so forth, and so forth.

I wouldn't dare do that to my tails. I just dont think it would look good on a red car. Maybe a light coat at best.

I dont think it'll look good on a white car either, IMO. Jeremy's car looks good like that, and I think yours would too Terry.