leather steering wheel "wrap" ??

THe_DeTAiL3R

I'm wondering if there are any cheap "wraps" that you can buy to put over steering wheel.

This is an example of what I'm thinking:

http://www.roadworksauto.com/wheelskins.htm

But that costs too much...

Basically, I'd like to make mine have the appearance of a newer Grand Am GT.. they are "fatter" and you can see the stitches more than on my stock leather GP wheel.

Visit DC Car Care That's where I bought my WheelSkins covers. Check out the write-up on how to stitch up the cover using the Baseball Stitch Method . Just ask the guy when you order your cover that you'd like an extra lace for stitching it up that way, and he'll throw another one in :wink: .

Keep in mind a WheelSkins cover isn't cheap, it's genuine leather. For less than $40, it's an excellent little "investment."

Cant you just get a 99+ Grand Am steering wheel? GAs are all over junkyards

I want my airbag and radio buttons to work. I'm sure something wouldn't work right if I changed it.

Hmm. Well I don't want it to look like a taped up hockey stick :lol: and it needs to hold up good. I guess I can always practise on my old steering wheel I got lying around. :)