Window Switch HELP!

f_399

The main drivers window switch distributes power to the other three window switches so I think it is safe to say the problem is in the drivers door switch. I would pop it out of the door and make sure the harness is plugged in tightly. If hitting it makes it work, it could be a loose contact inside the switch itself.

Try removing the switch, and checking the contacts for corrosion. it is very easy for corrosion to get on the switch as it get wet whenever you open your door in the rain. If you find corrosion, sprape as much of it as you cna away with a pin or paper clip. I then coat the contacts with something like bulb grease or silcone grease to keep out moisture. I think the switch is self is most likely fine.

If you pull the switch out of any other door, you need to find the blue and brown wires. put +12v to one wire and ground to the other. One way is up, and if you flip the +12v and ground wires, it'll go the other direction.