edit: Bought some speakers! :)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Okay I'm thinking of putting these in my car.

Is there a difference between the 5000CS and the 5010CS?

What is a good price? Thinking of picking some up on ebay...

EDIT: read post below... :)

Cool.

From the pics they look the same, just different colored cones.

Do the 5010 tweeters have like a different mounting bracket or something? I'm amazed by the lack of info on the net.

Well I did some searching, and after dissapointing results on e-gay ($$$$$ shipping prices to Canada) I went to an old website where I bought my first amp. Good ol' etronics.com

Here's what I got. :)

Infinity 5010CS 5.25 component

Want the stock appearance, so they are going in the door without hacking at anything. I would have liked to get the 5000CS, but they were sold out...

http://etronics.resultspage.com/display.php?w=5010CS&p=Q&ts=dynamic&image1.x=0&image1.y=0

Infinity 6x9 9612i

I was considering the 9613i (3-way, aside from that exactly the same) but for the price difference I decided it wasn't worth it. The 9612i sound great and rear is just filler anyways...

http://etronics.resultspage.com/display.php?w=9612i&p=Q&ts=dynamic&Store=&image1.x=0&image1.y=0

Update with possible pics in a couple weeks. 8)

I saved approx $175CAD compared to buying at Futureshop/Best Buy (that's including all tax/duty fees/etc.)

I only use infinity kappa speakers in my cars now except for subs i still can't find a set of 12" subs i like the sound of..........

Oh and those are just referance series speakers right? those are alright speakers but really need an amp to be 100% :wink:

I only use infinity kappa speakers in my cars now except for subs i still can't find a set of 12" subs i like the sound of..........

Oh and those are just referance series speakers right? those are alright speakers but really need an amp to be 100% :wink:

Well I heard them at the stereo shop and they sounded good enough for me. :) The Kappas are expensive, at least what I've seen online.

And I'll be running my Kenwood 800w amp to the fronts ;)

I had Boston Acoustics in my Malibu. They sounded so good!!! If I decide to change out the speakers in my Grand Prix, I'll definitely put Boston's in it. I prolly won't change the sound system cause I like the 250-watt Monsoon 8 Speaker sound system!!!

Well I heard them at the stereo shop and they sounded good enough for me. :) The Kappas are expensive, at least what I've seen online.

And I'll be running my Kenwood 800w amp to the fronts ;)

:shock: 800 watt amp on the fronts :shock: they can only take i'd say 600 max on the set i blew a set of referance speakers that way :oops:

but now you know why i buy kappas i have yet to blow these suckers i did manage to kill an amp though.... I don't know what happened it was working just fine then up and quit. :shrug: every fuse is good and all the wires are good.

The gain doesnt affect how many watts go to the speakers. Just do you know. The gain allows you to adjust for the imput signal.

cutlsp, total watts = V/I (where V= volts and I= impedence) This is only a rough figure and will not be extremely accurate.

Stop talking about PEAK power......Dave's Kenwood amp doesn't put out 800 watts RMS. maybe PEAK.

If the RMS matches up or matches close enough to the speakers(little too much is never a bad thing) then he'll be good to go..... My guess is it puts out about 60 or 80 RMS x2. which in fact would power these infinities perfectly :D

i'm just saying it's very common to provide more power to speakers than is recommended for them.

turn the gain down a bit and the components should be fine

:werd: small amps blow big speakers... I'll be sure to configure it properly. ;)

Stop talking about PEAK power......Dave's Kenwood amp doesn't put out 800 watts RMS. maybe PEAK.

If the RMS matches up or matches close enough to the speakers(little too much is never a bad thing) then he'll be good to go..... My guess is it puts out about 60 or 80 RMS x2. which in fact would power these infinities perfectly

Yeah I assumed that most of you would know the general size of an "800w" amp. It's 800w peak. I beleive it's rated at 120w x2 RMS @4ohms, or something like that.

oh ok i'm just wondering honestly i'd use the 800 watt kenwood on a single 12" sub imo

I got my OTHER Kenwood 800w amp powering my single 1000w (500wRMS) Pioneer 12" sub. Bridged, it's rated at 460w RMSx1 @4ohms. It's got plenty of power if I wanted to add another sub, which I might do (except 2x10"s in a ported box).

I still haven't really decided how I want to power those rear speakers. They have really nice sound and nice tight bass.. I'll just run them off the deck for now. I also have a smaller "250w" amp I could use...