Windshield wipers acting strange; only when cold

slick

Kind of a wierd problem. When it's colder outside, the low settings for the windshield wipers don't work. It will only work when switched to high, when you spin it backwards on the "mist" option, or when the wiper fluid is used(but only when held, once i let go, they stop wiping).

At about 45-50* F, all of the settings will work again.

I can live without the low settings, but using the high or fast setting is very annoying, as i usually use the lowest setting as it is.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks.

dunno what it is but whatever you need, i've got :lol:

LOL, I know you do.

Oh yeah, that dash, it's about halfway black right now. I fixed all the parts that came unglued, so she's about 75% done. Hopefully within the next month I can have that in.

Cold solder joints or something in the turn singal stalk??? This happened to my dad's Suburban where the wipers would only work in high mode, and they they just stopped working all together. GM replaced it for free because it was a safety recall..

I don't know how you can check to be sure the problem is with the switch itself though