WTF is this? (pics)

digitaloutsider

If your car has a factory sway bar you wont have the aux springs for some reason :shrug:

not correct. One known exception. My 91 CS vert. It has a rear sway bar, and the figure 8 dampers. I do not hafve the SPID info for my vert at this time. Could it be part of the FE2 handling package?

http://www.w-body.com/spring-codes.html

Apparently FE2 discontinued in 88 or 89 per above. I'll recheck once I have the info.

quite possibly the VERT is the only one with both... Although... I have mixed recollections about a 4 door GP I once saw at an auction and I exmained it's rear suspension closely, but it can't count :(

sorry, the car is stored...... 300 miles from here. maybe in a few weeks.

btw, this is my 91, which I did a brake upgrade on.... and the older 93- figure 8 dampers are closer to the calipers.... The top mount had it's angle changed for 94 to move the upper half inboard for clearance!!!! To use the upgraded calipers, I had to take a big divot out of each for the upgrade.... but they still work! :lol:

Would anyone else with a convertable CS please look to see if you have BOTH the dampers and a swaybar?

I think I saw the same setup on a 93 vert. and take your tire off and post a pic!!!

My 94 CS convertible does not have any aux springs. I was under the impression that no FE3 Cutlass got them 94+, and no FE3 Grand Prix ever had them.

My 89 had the cylindrical aux springs AND factory sway bar. The cylindrical ones I don't see very often. I've on seen them on my 88 and 89 Cutlass Supreme Internationals.

My 94 Vert has the Aux Springs, and let me tell you that is a real bear to compress them back when doing the rear struts. Yes I know, that there is a bolt that comes with the struts to put in through the Aux Spring prior to taking the Strut loose, however, if the bottom of the plate has al kinds of rusted junk in it, the bolt won't thread in.

Trust me, I know. lol