'90 Lumina - Wheres da ECM?

boulevard

Can comeone help me, before I start wasting precious repair time.

Where is it, under the hood or in the interior?

To replace it, how easy it 1 thru 5 rating?

5 being "engine rebuild" hard and 1 being "replace light bulb" easy.

What you think? Thanks all!

under coolant tank on passenger side - location is mirror image of the battery.

it's a 2, harder than changing a lightbulb but not much. make sure to disconnect battery before unpluggin ecm.

I actually fried the god damn thing, I bought this car for my dad for christmas. I removed two toggle switches from the dash that were used for neon lights, when I pulled the wires out thru the steering column, one of them grounded itself to the frame, which later I found out was directly wired to the ECM. Wait! The wire I pulled pulled was wired to the power (red) wire from the disonastic clip (below dash), it was spliced and taped there. When I pulled this wire across the steering column to remove it, it made contact with the steel frameand grouned itself and the radio went out at the same time it grounded itself. After that the car hasn't started since. Turns but wont fire, no fuel going to the cyclinder. I checked all the fuses below in the glove box, but all are ok, even the radio one. The car hasn't turned over since then. Can anyone help? I ordered a ECM from ebay which Im swapping tonight. Do yous think that is my problem?

Thanks

i'm gona asume that its got a 3.1, if so it has a secondary fuse pannel under the hood, on the side that the accessory pulleys are on, its fairly hard to miss. check for a blown fuse there.

no, hes refering to his 1990 lumina 3.1

sorry i see, i missed that, lol

check all the underhood fuses. the fuse for the fuel pump, and the realy, by the drivers side front dtrut tower as well.

Have you checked for spark?

does the fuel pump operate for 2 seconds when you turn on the key?

Ok, well before I checked the fuses under the hood, I replaced the ECM, it only cost me $13.00 on ebay anyhow, just sucked to wait so long to get it. So anyways, swapped the ecm, Same shit, no radio and wont start. hecked the fuses under the hood and there was a 30amp fuse blown, $4 bucks later got the radio on and the engine started. Runs rough, I think the mech crossed a ignition wire or two. Ill check it in the morning, I got my trustee GM book some where around here.

Thanks for the info and help. This was my dads Christmas present. a bit delayed but worth the wait. Cars in tip-top shape.

do an idle relearn!

+1,000,000!!!

my sister's old 91 sat out for sale and the battery was dead. after new battery, it stalled every time while coming to a stop until i did an idle relearn.