best component setup for front 95 GP

THe_DeTAiL3R

Got cupholder?? LOL

2231987_26_full.jpg

Aah yes, totally forgot about that!

Ya know, you should buy a Cutlass or Regal door panel to see if either would fit. The Regal panel looks like it could fit the GP door. The only problem with fitting a Regal or Cutty door panel would be cutting out the holes for the seatbelts, but it might be easier than trying to "massage" the GP panel to fit the speakers in a different location :shrug: ...

I thought about that too, but see that little bulge by the side mirror? It kinda slides over the dash when you close the door, so it would be eliminated and wouldn't look right...

I'd rather have shitty sound than ugly interior.

That piece is flat on the Regal door panel, so I'm thinking it should line up and not look terrible.

ldoor.jpg

I know this was something I had in the back of my mind when I still had my GP. I thought it might've been worth a try to grab up a Regal or Cutty door panel to see how it lined up to the GP dash, seeing as the dashboards on all 3 cars are virtually identical. But keep in mind that I was thisclose to ripping out the front speakers altogether 'cause I hated bumping my knee into that damn speaker pod...

I know with my doors(94 cutlass) the framing for door speakers were already in the door framing......I just had to cut the door panel to accept them.

See my signature for the picture.

I know with my doors(94 cutlass) the framing for door speakers were already in the door framing......I just had to cut the door panel to accept them.

See my signature for the picture.

That doesn't look bad by any means, but I want mine to be hidden (stock looking) if at all possible.

yeah I was gonna ask you how that was to install :lol:

Not bad at all......the door panels are so rigid that it needs very little support...other than sound deadening of course.

Holy doubt post batman!!!! :lol:

Did you have to use MDF rings at all? And what did you cut the hole with? I know Im gonna have to make that hole pretty darn centered But if you said the framing was already there, then that should tell you where it needs to be done right?

P.S. I just got some fuse holders, and they didnt come with fuses :bash: I thought they did?!?

Sorry for kinda hijacking the tread CBAD