• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• Prospeeder

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

So now my spare drivers side spare is MIA, and the only yard around here that has one is charging $65... its total rape but ii dont have a choice, should for some reason i decide to drive it again, i also cant sell it without a door handle. Talk about a total disaster.

you're the dipshit that buys an old gm car with known problems and then goes off on a rant when those problems happen, about how much it will cost cause you can't spin a wrench, and we're assholes?

i wish there was an ignore feature

Where is that owned smiley. HAHAHAHA! Thats awesome. You dented your car and broke both handles AND the battery died. You wanna come work on my car too?

think this pic will work?

lt-owned-01.jpg

The sad part is, your throwing your car away not because of a mechanical problem, not because of Rust, not because of a collision, BUT A 30$ DOOR HANDLE!

Don't worry Ross, I've been down that road before.....I put a nice dent into my passenger door when the stereo wouldn't stop buzzing and I tried everything in my power to fix it...my passenger door is also fucked up on the top because it froze shit one night and I fuckin' reefed on it as hard as I could jamming my fingers between the roof and door....and yeah I bent that all up to shit.....I don't really care either

Guest Anonymous

Well i finally got my passenger door open, and i replaced the passenger door handle with my spare, so i can at least get in the car and drive it if i have too. I'm trying to locate my drivers side doorhandle now, but i think my dad chucked it on me.

Please tone down the individual flaming, this thread is too fucking good to get locked!

I can just imagine seeing this tomorrow:

OMFG!!! I used my windshield wipers today, and not only did my fucking asshat car run out of wiper fluid, but my fucking piece of shit wiper blades wore out and I'm starting to see streaks on my windshield! So I bent both wiper arms in half and set the hood on fire. Fucking piece of shit car...Fuck Grand Prixs and any car that looks like one. I'm sick of this piece of shit!

Guest Anonymous

I actually have new wiper blades, i put those on right after the holiday. The old ones were still OK as far as leaving marks, but the squeegee flew off of one of them. Then i stupidly bought the expensive teflon ones under the assumption there were two in the box for $15, but there was only one.

Eesh, that's a lot for one blade. I plunked down $9 each for some silicone ones, and have yet to tell the difference. Rain-X is the ultimate equalizer.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not spending what the jy wants for a dorr handle so i'm just going to drive around until i find a cheap one... Has anyone used the "aftermarket" door handles on eBay??? how does the quality compare? I don't want to lose my green key thing, though.

"Aftermarket" can't be any worse than one from the junkyard which has a mysterious amount of life left in it anyways...

Did you bodyslam the door to break the ice? Seriously that's the way to open a frozen door on a GP.

Did you bodyslam the door to break the ice? Seriously that's the way to open a frozen door on a GP.

Ok are you being serious or just mocking me? lol

Ok are you being serious or just mocking me? lol

Serious.. lol

Guest Anonymous

I tried bodyslamming the passenger door from the inside and it wouldn't help... but when my brother got home, hes even heavier than me, he bodyslammed it like hell and it opened, and then i got to replacing the handle. I had tried bodyslamming them from the outside, but it was to no avail.

, so i'm just leaving tthe door open overnight

if you do that, please don't post a thread tomorrow bitching about your battery dying again...

or your car gets stolen/vandalized.... :roll:

really....i dont have to fuck off....you come on here bitching and moaning, about something that is proned to happen to ANY 2 door W-body car..and act like everything in your entire car is broke

im saying this as calm as ever too

and btw...FWIW...my door handles dont break :thumbsup:

The proper lubricant for rubber is silicone grease. availible at NAPA, carquest, but not advanced or autozone... wtf?

1990lumina, and anyone else... For a door that is bent out from being pulled at the top, place a block at the latching point of the door(wrap it in a rag to avoid scratching the doorjamb) and push the door against it. This should prevent the door from closing, then lean on the top of the door and flex it in. Test and repeat until the door seals properly.

AND AGAIN SILICONE GREASE the weather stripping so doors won't stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

It took my brother a few times as well... im like 6-4 and 210 and i couldnt get it, i was hitting it pretty hard. I think my brother got it open on like the 5th slam.

I honestly never say much of anything, but this time I am not gonna keep quiet. Dude, you came on here ranting about a car that won't open. Guess what? A. you live in NY so this shit is gonna happen, and B. You drive a W..... enough said.

Moral of the story: if you don't want an ice problem move to Florida, and if you don't want a car that the doorhandles break on all the time, (or for that matter breaks all the time) get rid of the W. They probably wouldn't have broken if you didn't pull on them with all of your strength. I've been there and done it.

So leave eurosport94 and patgizz alone... enough said. It bothers me seeing you flip out over shit that will happen...deal with it as it comes.

If you were patient and posted you might have not gotten a 12.5inch or whatever it is dent on your door. Temper temper. Seriously you have one of the nicer RARE cars on here, so it makes me sick to my stomach knowing that you had a hissy fit and kicked it.

Do us a favor, sell the car to someone who will care for it, and not abuse it.

/rant

Guest Anonymous

I probably won't keep it much longer. I think once the weather clears i'll either part it out or sell it locally, i'm tired of it already. It hasn't even been that cold here for the doors to freeze like that.