Where to buy front lowering springs?

twalt13

FRONT PERFORMANCE LOWERING SPRINGS (All)

Lowering the front is easy because these cars use conventional coils on the front.

Option 1: Eibach. If you have a first-gen W-body car, you can use Eibach springs in the front. Just purchase the ones designed for the 95-99 Monte Carlo (Eibach Part # 3836.140). They are a progressive-rate spring which means they are designed to be softer (like factory) under light loading (like small bumps) but are firm under heavy load (like hard cornering). This means they should offer a pretty good overall ride quality. Unfortunately, the rear spring on these cars is a fiberglass mono-leaf. As a result, you will not be able to use the rear springs in the Monte Carlo kit. Maybe if enough people request it, Eibach will be able to offer its front springs separately for owners of first-gen W-body cars.

Option 2: Suspension Techniques. Suspension Techniques offers lowering springs to fit the front of the first-gen W-body. They are commonly sold through JC Whitney for $80/pair (SKU #81ZX0113T). They are designed to lower the car 1 to 1.5". Several W-body owners run these springs and are pleased with them. I was told by one Grand Prix owner that JC Whitney sent him the wrong springs but kept insisting they were the correct ones. I have no idea why, but it might be something to keep in mind.

Option 3: Intrax Suspension. Intrax offers lowering springs for the 95-99 Monte Carlo, Part #25.1.024. The front springs can be used on the front of a first-gen W-body car. They are designed to provide up to a 1.8" drop, although from photos I have seen, the drop is very similar to that of Suspension Techniques. They are a progressive-rate spring which means they are designed to be softer (like factory) under light loading (like small bumps) but are firm under heavy load (like hard cornering). This means they should offer a pretty good overall ride quality. Unfortunately, the rear spring on these cars is a fiberglass mono-leaf. As a result, you will not be able to use the rear springs in the Monte Carlo kit. You can get a set from Summit Racing. Occasionally there may be a Group Buy in the Forum to get the front springs by themselves for less than $100.

Option 4: RS Motorsports. RS Motorsports offers front lowering springs. I have been told this company is simply reselling the above Suspension Techniques springs. They do not offer a rear lowering spring, but for a total of $300, they will sell you the two front springs and a set of instructions on how to lower the rear.

Option 5: The Lowrider method. Chop a few coils off your factory springs until you obtain the desired ride height. This will increase the spring rates and will result in a stiffer ride. In most cases, the ride quality resulting from cutting the springs is excessively harsh. This is not a recommended method. DO NOT heat the springs to lower them! That will result in ruined springs.

This is taken directly from W-body.com I would have posted a link but the address bar on my browser didn't change when I clicked the link.

Thanks,

I knew about JC Whitney not selling ST Springs anymore,

I find it hard to swollow $200+ for a complete set of springs when all I need is the front.

Guess I'll wait for the next group buy, or may custom.

Thanks

Got his e-mail addy handy? Who should I tell him sent me?

hey...if your emailing him and he has some...see if he's got 2 sets...i was a poor dumbass and sold the ones i bought in the group buy...now that i have a new job i need to buy some more!...

Thy is a she and it's pronounced tea like iced tea.. I have a set of intrax springs that I may be willing to part with if anyone is interested, what was the last group buy price per set?

Thy is a she and it's pronounced tea like iced tea.. I have a set of intrax springs that I may be willing to part with if anyone is interested, what was the last group buy price per set?
PM Sent.

Is there enough spring coiled to cut a coil off each side up front?

I did this on a 86 Firebird with the WS6 performance springs.They were so stiff and made the car sit a bit high,I cut off the top coil and it dropped down big time.Had a fantastic rake.It did bottom out a few times over really bad bumps or potholes,but never anything that hurt the car.

Was just wondering if anyone has tried that.

:)

Is there enough spring coiled to cut a coil off each side up front?

I did this on a 86 Firebird with the WS6 performance springs.They were so stiff and made the car sit a bit high,I cut off the top coil and it dropped down big time.Had a fantastic rake.It did bottom out a few times over really bad bumps or potholes,but never anything that hurt the car.

Was just wondering if anyone has tried that.

:)

not the safest, but it's been done before

• 1 month later...

its confusing to me because if you look up for a 1992 grand prix, they dont exist. they have the year braket all messed up. maybe there is a reason, i dont know. or they are just retarted

I ordered them last February, and they kept sending me new "ship dates" every couple of weeks until they finally sent me a letter saying the whole line was discontinued. Kinda glad they did, too. I've heard the INTRAX springs are "Progressive Rate" whereas the Suspension Techniques are not...

Give Intrax a call

they had some left over from the last group buy due to the non paying deadbeats!!!

I sent the money to them on tuesday. they should recieve it friday or saturday. Does anyone have an idea on how long it takes them to ship these things out?

thanks Invasion1 for the heads-up

FRONT PERFORMANCE LOWERING SPRINGS (All)

Lowering the front is easy because these cars use conventional coils on the front.

Option 1: Eibach. If you have a first-gen W-body car, you can use Eibach springs in the front. Just purchase the ones designed for the 95-99 Monte Carlo (Eibach Part # 3836.140). They are a progressive-rate spring which means they are designed to be softer (like factory) under light loading (like small bumps) but are firm under heavy load (like hard cornering). This means they should offer a pretty good overall ride quality. Unfortunately, the rear spring on these cars is a fiberglass mono-leaf. As a result, you will not be able to use the rear springs in the Monte Carlo kit. Maybe if enough people request it, Eibach will be able to offer its front springs separately for owners of first-gen W-body cars.

Option 2: Suspension Techniques. Suspension Techniques offers lowering springs to fit the front of the first-gen W-body. They are commonly sold through JC Whitney for $80/pair (SKU #81ZX0113T). They are designed to lower the car 1 to 1.5". Several W-body owners run these springs and are pleased with them. I was told by one Grand Prix owner that JC Whitney sent him the wrong springs but kept insisting they were the correct ones. I have no idea why, but it might be something to keep in mind.

Option 3: Intrax Suspension. Intrax offers lowering springs for the 95-99 Monte Carlo, Part #25.1.024. The front springs can be used on the front of a first-gen W-body car. They are designed to provide up to a 1.8" drop, although from photos I have seen, the drop is very similar to that of Suspension Techniques. They are a progressive-rate spring which means they are designed to be softer (like factory) under light loading (like small bumps) but are firm under heavy load (like hard cornering). This means they should offer a pretty good overall ride quality. Unfortunately, the rear spring on these cars is a fiberglass mono-leaf. As a result, you will not be able to use the rear springs in the Monte Carlo kit. You can get a set from Summit Racing. Occasionally there may be a Group Buy in the Forum to get the front springs by themselves for less than $100.

Option 4: RS Motorsports. RS Motorsports offers front lowering springs. I have been told this company is simply reselling the above Suspension Techniques springs. They do not offer a rear lowering spring, but for a total of $300, they will sell you the two front springs and a set of instructions on how to lower the rear.

Option 5: The Lowrider method. Chop a few coils off your factory springs until you obtain the desired ride height. This will increase the spring rates and will result in a stiffer ride. In most cases, the ride quality resulting from cutting the springs is excessively harsh. This is not a recommended method. DO NOT heat the springs to lower them! That will result in ruined springs.

This is taken directly from W-body.com I would have posted a link but the address bar on my browser didn't change when I clicked the link.

i have a 97 cutty 1st gen..so these srpings should work on my car??