Radio Wont pick up?

jjs316

My radio, stock, the cd player i just put in or the other i installed wont pick up hardly anything. doesnt even get my local channel anymore. it started doing that suddenly. just stopped. all connections are still made. what would this be?

The antenna connector on old cars is different from the new ones, aftermarket radios have the new connector. This could be the problem. They sell adapter cables that you connect to your old style and then connect to the radio.

Do you get any AM reception?? I find that AM is the most affected if there is a bad/no antenna connection. Check around in the trunk, IIRC, there is a short wire from the antenna, and it connects into an extender that runs into the car and to the radio. Mine has come loose before. Put the radio on an AM station, and play around with the connections. If you notice a lot of static, or you start to get reception, than you have found your problem

sounds correct. it is an antenna problem. I had one once...... I was driving and i lost the station..... hit scan..... nothing. looked back....The base of the mast had snapped and released the mast. The only plug past the radio I know of is right at the base of the antenna, check to see if is is loose.

no power antenna. nevver saw a z-34 with a power antenna? and this problem even started with the factory radio about a year ago. not just that new one i tried to install.

didn't realize we were talking about a Z....it neither decks can pick up a signal, there has to be a break in the connection somewhere...I would check the actual connection in the trunk first....