1 speaker doesn't work with XM

turby

I have this stereo and this xm unit with the Pioneer adapter for it. When listening to XM I don't get any sound thru the front pass. side door speaker. When listening to the radio or a CD sound comes thru all the speakers.

Any ideas?

Maybe a loose connection between the deck and adapter?? I dunno, Dan's right that does sound wierd

I thought of that but the adapter doesn't drive the speakers. The HU does.

oops lol incomplete thought.... I meant both right side speakers

if it was both right siders, I could see your xm unit having a bad channel...

UNLESS

Does the head unit have 4 channel sound, as well as the xm? It seems they don't from the desciption of the XM at least.

Any chance that the wires from the XM are really close to the speakers wires, such that the XM when powered up may be interfering with feed for the right front speak?

Any chance that the wires from the XM are really close to the speakers wires, such that the XM when powered up may be interfering with feed for the right front speak?

The xm boxes are in the bottom of the dash behind the DIS/ashtray assembly. (89 CS) The wiring for the stereo doesn't go down thru there.

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does your car have the deluxe speaker system with the factory rear subs? If you are utilizing the original wires and amp, the rear speakers would appear to be duals, a tweeter on top of a woofer, and both subs feed off the amp, which pulls signal from both channels. as long as one chnnel was working, you would only the rear right tweeter would not be working.

The factory subs and amp system rear speaker on the underside would have two sets of wires going to them

(I don't know what speaker set you are using, after all)

TRY THIS:

swap the two rca cables at the XM unit and see what happens, and then the other end, where they reach the head unit...

sounds like the one RCA on your direct connect unit isnt plugged in too the adapter all the way... :?

It's ONE speaker, not one side.

ic...well that makes absolutley NO sense @ all... :think: ...i guess thats why u posted about it on here though... :lol: