Sub Installation?

sharkbomb06

I have a 1994 Chevy Lumina Euro sedan. I am not sure on how to install the wires for the subs into the car. Is there any way to get the wires into the car from the battery without drilling any holes? If anybody has a how to guide that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

There's a large rubber grommet in the firewall between the brake booster and the driver's side strut tower. Run a 1/2" drill bit through it, and poke your wires through there.

firewall.jpg

You can see where the red wire goes through in the above pic...

if it has a column shift, that hole already has the shift cable running through it, but should still be doable.

But I understand that a manual tranny uses that hole for some clutch control part.

He'd still have to run wires through the firewall though. :wink:

In a pinch, I've run the wires through the fender and up into the cab, via the inside of teh door, but it looks like hell, and I only did it because it was cold.

DiscoStudd's method is probobly the best.

I found the gromet, but where do the wires come out when you push them through? Sorry but I'm new to this. The night before I posted this we were up until 3 A.M. just looking for a hole. Thank you.

You might have to pull off the access panel at the bottom of the dash - no biggie, 2 screws, pull towards you and it's out.

Okay, now I may have to pull the carpet back some and get on your knees and look to the left of where the steering column boot thing is. I find using a straight coat hanger (bent straight) and push it through the gromet and that way you can find it easy when it pops through on the interior side.

However you should be able to se thw ire if you pull the capet back and look in the correct area, and enough wire is pushed through

I couldn't find the grommet from the inside of my car. I attached my amp wire to a long piece of solid-core wire (insulated 14ga) and poked a good 18" or so of the SC wire through the hole and "aimed" it slightly downward so I could easily find it under the dash...

when you poke the wire through from the engine bay...it'll pop out below the dash, behind the brake pedal...you'll have to lift up the carpet in order to find it

this part was the hardest part..trying to get the damned wire through...when i did my sub installation

this part was the hardest part..trying to get the damned wire through...when i did my sub installation

:werd:

I thought I was smart and tried to pull 4 guage wire through that gromet without drilling or cutting a large enough hole (my thoughts were it would seal better), anyway I ended up pulling the whole gromet out of the firewall and into the interior :evil: , +35 C outside, sweat running down my head into my eye, buring eyes trying to get this gromet back in while sweating to death was NOT fun.

So this won't involve taking off any part of the dash? I don't really want to go into the dash, but I will if I have too. Thank you
You'll only need to remove the lower kick panels in order to grab the wire. 4 screws is all you need to remove...