6.5 inch speakers in doors?

badassoldspower

I made MDF rings. I mounted the speaker in the ring, and then the ring onto the door. Works awesome!

I had to cut my door panel however to allow the sound through. I then put the speaker grills over the hole and it looks great IMO. Sounds even better!

Mine are behind the door panels. The MDF ring is attached to the metal door frame. The door had a speaker hole already there so I didn't need to cut the metal but like I said I DID need to cut the door panel for the sound to actually get through and be heard.

I would take pictures for you, but my car is in storage for a while and can't be accessed. However if you have anymore questions ask away.

i have 6.5 components in my doors...its really easy...your speaker grill is actually 6.5 already, you just need to trim the plastic door panel behind the grill(you'll see what i'm talkin about when u take the panel off)...i just cut a 3/8 sheet of plywood and cut a hole for my 6.5's and tweeters to fit in it...you just need to center your speaker in the opening in the door...and it'll mount over top of your door fram & still fit under the door panel...discostudd has some pics of his (he did his the same way...thats where i got the idea)...i'm sure he'll chime in with more info!

Like Terry said.

Befo' :

rtdoor1.jpg

Aftuh :

rdoor2.jpg

I traced out the factory "bucket" onto some 3/8" ply (along with the factory mounting holes,) then traced out the 6.5" speaker cut-out and cut 'er with a RotoZip. I had to elongate the new plate a tiny bit to fit the tweeter, but they fit perfectly under the stock door panels...