Measured my amps.

19Cutlass94

Well I dont know if anyone cares about this, but I felt like sharing. I was feeling rather adventerous so I decided to see how many watts my amps are putting out.

First up the pyramid. I forgot the model number of it, but its a 300w 4 channel amp. So roughly 75w per channel. Well all the testing was at 12.1v and I measured a rear channel, that went to one of my 6" x 9" and I found an astounding 20.7025w RMS @ 4ohm. I duno about you but I cant stop laughing about that one. I didnt measure the front, but I doubt it was even more than 5w RMS. So I think I finally figured out one reason why I keep blowing 6"x9"s. SO next up, new amp for cabin speakers.

Second, the eD Nine.1. Again was measured at 12.1v. This was at 2ohm, and is rated at 900w RMS at 12.5v and at 12.1v I got 886.205w RMS. yupp pretty nice. Im actually surprised I havent blown my infinity subs yet.

what subs you have again? 2 perfect 12's? my amps are rated at 460 rms and i have to turn them down and i doubt they would put out much over 400. thats awesome though. thats some definitive proof that pyramid sucks, lol

lol yeah when I found out that number I was laughing for a while, then I realized I need to buy a amp :lol: But I only have 2 1230's, reference. There rated at 300w RMS. I have the gain on tha amp itself at half then I have the remote gain. I have the bass boost and the gain both set at half. But Ive turned the gain all the way up before at a fairly loud volume and they havent blown to props to Infinity!

rshissler, to figure that out, the equation is V^2/I.

Second, the eD Nine.1. Again was measured at 12.1v. This was at 2ohm, and is rated at 900w RMS at 12.5v and at 12.1v I got 886.205w RMS. yupp pretty nice. Im actually surprised I havent blown my infinity subs yet.

:worship: :thumbsup: :worship: that about says it all...lol :drool:

And to rshissler....heres a guide on how to test the voltage you will get.....then use the formula 19Cutlass94 gave you..... (Voltage^2/overall impedance to amp)

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

Just remember guys......the impedance of a subwoofers voice coil increases as the voice coil warms up.....So these are just guidelines.