Winter Tires ??

Regal_GS_1989

Ok, you guys who are running newer winter tires, was there a really noticable difference in traction in the snow and on ice? I run studded uniroyal rallye's on my regal in the winter and i LOVE them. But they have been discontinued for some time now. I am considering putting a set of winter tires on the lumina, and i am curious on the difference that would be noticed. They are for my moms car, and she is always complaining about the lack of traction in the winter.

PS. these are the tires that I have on my regal. They are absolutlley Amazing in the snow :twisted:

100_2614.jpg

At work we sell Dean Wintermasters. They suck, not gonna lie. We also sell Champiro GT's. They suck too.

If you go to buy anything, get BFG Winterforces, or something equivalent.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I would never go a winter without having 4 winter tires on my car. I've driven my car in the snow with all seasons, and it's just not the same. Get winter tires, especially if she's complaining of traction problems already!

Yea, the traction isnt "terrible", in it, but there is no comparison to the ones on my regal.It seems a lot worse when trying to stop cause the ABS on this thing really increases the stopping distance. If i were to throw a set on, it would probably be BFG winter slaloms, of Michelin Ice X radials. I have just never driven with winter tires other than the ones on my regal, and i was wondering how studless winter tires gripped on ice.

my dad has mastercraft sensys 01's in my old riv and he said they were awesome in the snow/ice. i havent had any problems with my mc avenger lsr's either. they are both allseasons though. living where i live in colorado it doesnt snow much, so winter tires are unnecessary, but if you live somewhere where theres snow on the ground for most of the winter, i would def get snow tires. ive never had winter tires. all i know is that the bfg mud-terrains i used to have in my blazer are way better for that than the pro-comp x-terrains i have now, but im sure that doesnt help.

Dustin...you have 3 W's?????

I have my 88 regal which has a cracked head, so thats done with. i have my 89 GS, which i will be driving all the time , and the lumina is my moms car.

FWIW, some of the people I ride with from Canada said the best snow tire they've ever had is the Michelin X-Ice... I got them for my wife's Neon, and WOW... Even better than the Perelli snow tires I had on it before!

Mike