Look at what I got today for the Regal!!! (56k Beware)

ZeroDCX

Take you time, have fun, get high temp grease for the caliper sliders, regrease your ball joints and tie rod ends.

Clean up the calipers with a wire brush and paint with high temp paint. Clean rotors with brake cleaner.

Plan to do the fronts this summer on the vert, intrax springs on there way, thy still has a few.

What donor cars did you pick those fronts up from. Oh make sure the e-brake springs on the rears is lubed up real good!!!

yes, enjoy stopping! Get synthetic brake caliper grase from advanced auto (it's green and comes in a green labeled bottle the size of your fist and works great.)

95+ larger rotors and front struts.

and

94+rear brakes, i presume.

it's actually quite easy, although a second hand would be quite helpful in moving the struts arouind.

TIP: put some antisieze on the hub surfaces, between the rotor and hub, and wheel, to prevent rust. (be sparing)

any other issues let us know. and do you have the E-brake figured out?

Thanks for the tips guys, I got the rears on today ... And just from the rears alone, there was a dramatic difference in stopping power and how far down I have to push the pedal before it holds.

Here are pics of the current rear install, I'm not painting them now ... Too damn cold, but when spring comes around, thats a different story.

DCFN0007.jpg

a0191a12.jpg

DCFN000567.jpg

DCFN005604.jpg

DCFN0006.jpg

Can anyone give me and ideas for the E-Brake? I was looking at the tutorial at http://www.tpsgarage.com/TGP/brakes/rear_brake_upgrade.htm#Parking%20Brake

OMG! i didnt know you guys had it so bad with rear rotors! my 96 Z came nice factory so i never thought about it, but WOW. my mothers miata has bigger brakes then those rears.

but if anyone needs info on hub or brake installs, my cardomain has a good set of writeups with pics

im not sure how many times ive said this in the past :lol: (no offense), but i did two 94+ swaps in shane's cars and all i had to do for the left side was to use about a 3/8" spacer with longer bolt and for the right side i bent the bracket a little and unbolted the cable from the closest point to the strut assembly. i cant remember 100% which side i bent the bracket for, you would just have to figure it out yourself. none of the bolts with the spacers ever backed out either. hope that helps. ive never tried it the way you brought up

Just exchanged the Coil Springs ... stock for the Intrax set, that's been sitting in the garage forever. (11.25in Rotors go on tomorrow).

DCFN0002.jpg

DCFNc0003.jpg

DCFNc0006.jpg

DCFN00h02.jpg

DCFN00b01.jpg

Yeah, I know everything's a little dirty. I'll get them cleaned up before I install them. ... Addco Rear Sway Bar, GMPP Trailing Arms, KYB struts (x4) and Birchmount Rear Leaf Spring ... here I come. (Within the next couple weeks hopefully).

Got more done today, if you guys wanna take a look. I love having brakes ... w/o warped rotors. Do any of you guys w/ these upgrades have any warping rotor issues? The intrax springs are awesome too ... The front is nice and tight, but the rear's all over the plave. Something's going to be done about that soon though.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The front lowered a little more after I drove it around a little. I'll get pics up later ... tomorrow I guess. Let me know what you guys think, as not many W-Body owners do anything to the 1st Gen Regals ... especially four door Regals.

(I know she's dirty ... It just snowed down here, I'll get her cleaned up tomorrow).

I'd do more to mine but it has begun the battle with rust and expensive suspension whoa's

At least I got the dash, steering wheel, shifter, dual exhaust, and stereo done.

I like the 5 spoke wheels on your's. I never had the money for such a thing. I had thought

about the GP ones because, if I'm correct, they would protrude out a bit more than the Cutlass ones.

I'd do more to mine but it has begun the battle with rust and expensive suspension whoa's

At least I got the dash, steering wheel, shifter, dual exhaust, and stereo done.

I like the 5 spoke wheels on your's. I never had the money for such a thing. I had thought

about the GP ones because, if I'm correct, they would protrude out a bit more than the Cutlass ones.

Did you ever get the Temp and Oil Senders for your dash in and working properly? My Oil Pressure Guage never comes down from 80. I have yet to begin that adventurous task as of now. I gotta get my E-Brake working though, although I have an Automatic it's required in VA.

Is the number to get in touch with Tony for the Birchmount Rear Leaf Spring still 1-416-689-3636? I keep getting this message that tells me that I have to dial a 1 or a 0 before calling, then when I do; It still doesn't put me through.

Sorry for not getting back on this. Been real busy.

I put my water temp sensor in right away and it worked perfect. I never did the oil sender. I had planned to then got lazy and figured it'd just be one more thing to worry about if I saw it :?