Changing Chime Module

CutlassSL91

alright I believe mine is green and on my passenger side below my glove box. I'd rather just know what I'm dealing with before I just start taking things out. lol thanks shawn.

They are real easy to replace. Pull the old one out, plug the new one in! There might be a clip or two to push in, I don't really remember. The ones with the autolocks or blinker warning also have an additional harness with inline connector coming out the end.

Copycat! :wink:

I got a 94 module, so mine locks when pulled into gear, unlocks when I shut off the ignition. Make sure your P/N switch is adjusted properly though. It was sure a PITA when mine wasn't adjusted right, and would lock me out of the car if I left it running. DOH!

I got a 94 module, so mine locks when pulled into gear, unlocks when I shut off the ignition. Make sure your P/N switch is adjusted properly though. It was sure a PITA when mine wasn't adjusted right, and would lock me out of the car if I left it running. DOH!

oh great if i do change mine that's the last thing I want to have to worry about...ack!

I DID lock myself out once....!!! :lol: Thank god for spare keys!

I don't know what year mine came from , but yes it is the translucent box..I didn't have to ajust anything... I just wired it up , plugged it in, and it works fine.

All I did on my monte was the following:

Found (in my service manual) the chime wire (the wire that trips the module to start chiming w/key in ignition), cut it, and ran then end from the ign lock to my buzzer (I used an old-school BUZZZZZZZZZZ from a 2nd gen firebird). Then I had to run a +12v line to the other terminal on the buzzer.

If you want it for lights, do the same thing. That way, you can run the functions for say, lights, to the OEM chime and still retain the other functions it has (if any), but make your key-in-ignition chime a little less, whatever you want to call it.