Changing Chime Module

CutlassSL91

Ok, i know this sounds petty, but my door chimes are really annoying. It is that high pithed beeping sound. Is there another chime module from another car that has a deeper sound? The lowest I have heard was from a '90 LeSabre, but it does not sound when headlights are left on. Any sugestions as to what model car i should get one from and is it even possible?

The Grand prix ones are ok, They just ding ding ding ding, Not super high pitch, but not really deep either, just dont get a grand am one, oh dear god there louder than fuck and annoying as hell

Grand Prix ones are the best IMO. They're not overly annoying, but they'll let you know pretty quick if your door is still open. But I hate it when I need my lights on (and the car is off) and the chime gets really fast and stupid.

I think all first-gen W's have the same dinger.

:withstupid:

All except the Luminas. I think some of them have one that beeps instead of "ding ding ding".

Ever heard one from an 80's Subaru? It almost sounds cute, it's a high pitched "ding dink, ding dink".

IIRC, the 90 Lumina's have a different chime than the 91-94's. I remember my mom's 93 had a different one, and so did my friend's 94. I think even my neighbors 91 had a different chime than my 90.

Maybe 90-92 were the same... I cant remember.

I know the one in my first '92 didn't work but the one in this one does. The one in the Cutlass doesn't either.

Does the chime module hold that little yellow box with all the other features?(auto door locks etc.?)

Yellow box? On the ones I've seen, the chime module is either green (lower-end, like from my 89) or translucent white. The auto door locks are built into the chime module on 93+.

Yellow box? On the ones I've seen, the chime module is either green (lower-end, like from my 89) or translucent white. The auto door locks are built into the chime module on 93+.

I don't know I remember someone saying that a few years back that's why I say that. How hard are they to replace? I know the Cutlass one's after a 1/2 mile it's supposed to beep if you have the turn signal on.