ABS/ Speed Sensor

Pyle

I was hoping to find my OP so I could add to it, but anyway. I know what is wrong with my ABS, need a new harness. I was told to try and clean the connection first, how? Is there a solvent of some sort, or just scuff them up a bit? Also, if that works, will the lights go off and the ABS magically start to work, or do I have to go in and have the codes reset?

Those are the threads you already started this problem on, Please don't start a new thred everytime. IF you need to locate something you have done, you can click on your name (ex: displayed at the bottom of the forum main page, once you have logged in, and there will be a link for previous posts.)

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=439556&highlight=#439556

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416290&highlight=#416290

Edit: wasn't trying to be rude, just that the question asked was already answered on the other threads as well.

:think:

hey, watch it there newb-hating newb! we aren't all w-body.com forum savvy as yourself. i'm sure you weren't a 100% forum literate on your first couple posts either. he pry just wants to get his problem solved just like you would if you were in his position.

anyways...here's a bump for ya Pyle :wink:

scuff them up...and get some contact cleaner and dielectric grease. The ABS *should* just start working on its own but otherwise, just disconnecting the battery for a minute would be sufficent to clear the codes.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, this is wierd. I got the car in summer of '04 and the ABS/ trac has never worked once since then. Suddenly as of a couple weeks ago, I come out to jump in my car and the ABS and trac control system are working! They work for about a minute, usually when I shift from reverse to drive, and then stop working again. Since I got a car wash, with underbody flush (hey it's cold out I'm not handwashing when it's 10 out,) it hasn't worked. Could there have been something that got up there and formed a connection... salt perhaps. The mechanic told me it was a bad harness, not the sensor itself.

well pull teh wheel, unplug all the sensors, use a wire brush and mabie some kero, and clean up the connections then coat it in some dielectric grease and put it back together.