transaxle problem

Guest fatguy

Guest fatguy

Hello all,

Well....the engine runs great and the heads up works flawlessly. The problem is the engine runs too good. I started from a stop sign and WHAM grugurgure grinding. Something in the trans REALLY let go. Man, I'm gonna get ahead of this thing yet.

Is there anything I should let my tranny rebuilder know :wink: ? I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

There is a large amount of updated parts available for the 440t4, so most of the standard ones will work.

Besides stressing the point that it is a SPECIAL 440t4, I can't think of anything, but there are more guys thatt have dealt with these things interanlly than me, so hopefully they will chime in.

I've rebuilt mine.

Like it has been said, make sure he knows he's not working on a regular 440T4.

The only differences I could tell from a regular 440T4 was the valve body , servo springs, accumulator springs, and torque convertor...there could be others, as I didn't have to replace the input clutch drum or the differential, but who knows. The new hard parts that I had to replace all looked identical to the parts that came out of the trans. I changed the front and rear planetaries, the 1st drum, brass washer shims, both sprags, the "stovepipe", and the other normal trans rebuild stuff. I suggest using the Borg Warner clutches, and getting a shift improver kit. But I'm sure if he's a good trans builder, he'll do that anyhow.

That is, unless Jeff M has his trans rebuild kit ready for sale. Go with that if you can.

Jason