Need a pusher fan motor or fan combo...

TGPilot

I realized that the fan is not running up front and this is killing my air-flow over the intercooler!! Does anyone have a good condition pusher fan motor or combo they want to sell?

Or should I go the route of putting a high flow aftermarket fan on instead? Opinions from all would be appreciated in what aftermarket fan would be the best to run and easiest to mount in place of stock.... 8)

Well,

I have a fan if you wish

Or you can use the ramchargers fan as you can't beat it for the price. But I haven't tried to mount one yet. Its very quite and moves a TON of air!

Other fans I believe would be just as challenging to install, since the intercooler sticks up a little over the edge of the radiator. However, you could use the original configuration and get a replacement pusher fan, but again, mounting will be about the same.

KK,

Did you try jumping your fan? I didnt think my worked for a while untill I confirmed it by jumping it. Why not go to "A-1" off of 85/87 they had 5 GPs several months ago before I left.

TW

Hey TWalt,

The first real heavy snow we had I ended up using the front end of the TGP as a frikkin' snow plow. I had forgotten that I had the fan on constant above 100*F in the chip and the snow stopped the fan from moving. The motor is burnt out so I know it is the motor. I am going to take a trek over to A-1 today now that you mention it and grab one. With the fan being bad and blowing the fuse I don't have a rear defroster, power seats, or power locks. That is an aweful lot of shit on one circuit...guess that is why it is a 60Amp circuit... 8)

Chris...if the junk yard doesn't have one I will hit you up for yours... 8)

Guest TurboSedan

i priced a IC fan motor from GM and they told me about $110 or so. Chris, if you don't sell that IC fan motor let me know; the person that sold me mine sold me a locked up unit full of crud :?

joshua

sorry guys didnt see this topic until today--but i have an extra IC fan here on the parts car, so if you guys need it PM me and ill give u the details.

mitch

TWalt...In Hungarian they say Cuss (pronounced coosh)...this means SHUT-UP in a funny sarcastic way!! :lol: :lol: You leave the TGP stuff to us and we will leave the slapping of Saddam to you!!! :guns:

Is the STE ok? Have not heard from your better-half... 8)

Well Checker Auto...aka Japan Auto Part Sales....Has a Lifetime limited for $27. Will buy that for now till I decide what I am going to do as far as intercooler setup goes. With a T04E I want something a bit better rated for an intercooler than stock anyway... 8)