two different dark garent colors?

Hairdo12

Hey I was at the JY and I noticed there were two Lumina Euros that are dark garnet. Both of these Euros definatly have a darker paint to them than my car. My paint code is 8984, is there another dark garnet code? I would have been able to compair the paints up close if either of those cars had a good passenger fender. Too bad the bastards both had good driver side fenders only. I got a maui blue one instead with no rust... in Buffalo too.

Also when I bought paint to paint my wing I told the guy Darkgarent red metalic from 1992 - and my wing is darker than the rest of the car... when I did my grill and door I used my paint code number and they match well. This is why in spring when I put the jy fender on I'm repainting the wing to match the rest of the car.

most likley just fading paint, i know when i got a hood and fender off a junker it was slightly whiter than the rest of the car but o-well. and getting the clearcoat nice is kinda hard without a real spray gun just fyi.