Rear STB for the Lumina's......look here if you have a lumi.

AWeb80

I was never quite sure what was really the problem on the luminas.....i've picked up that the hinges rotate farther back so they would be in the way of my "normal" STB set up.

I don't have Lumina to try things out on.

Re did the Mount and cleaned up the edges who wants to be the guinne pig?....btw, i'll just send you a paper copy...its cheaper that way.

when I send the paper prototype to whomever.....i'm gonna need to know if i have enough clearance....and also if the spacing is ok...

i would like to make the "arm" (the piece that connects the mount to the hole to the bar) thicker.....i need to know how the spacing is in the back and how much room there is for the hinges.

I was never quite sure what was really the problem on the luminas.....i've picked up that the hinges rotate farther back so they would be in the way of my "normal" STB set up.

I don't have Lumina to try things out on.

Re did the Mount and cleaned up the edges who wants to be the guinne pig?....btw, i'll just send you a paper copy...its cheaper that way.

I'll happily volunteer! Where do I sign up? :)

Well, I would have loved to volenteer, some one beat me to it.

I think the problem is making it out of a meterial that is strong enough. It has a pretty decent weak point, but at least your using an arch. I just think that the part will flex to much, and it wont really help as much as it could.

How thick are you going to make it? Stainless, or aluminum?

Well, I would have loved to volenteer, some one beat me to it.

I think the problem is making it out of a meterial that is strong enough. It has a pretty decent weak point, but at least your using an arch. I just think that the part will flex to much, and it wont really help as much as it could.

That is why i'm sending a test piece to someone.....I want to make sure there is enough Hinge clearance.....if there is, i'll make the arch thicker.... and I'd like to make the arch not quite as long if, room allows, this will help with rigity too.

How thick are you going to make it? Stainless, or aluminum?

It is 1/4" hot rolled steel. The original ones that I have do NOT bend at all...so I am very confident these will be ok

Well heres a quick idea. Make the arch a solid semi circle. It will be alot stronger. This also will not interfere with the hinge clearance issue. One more thing I forgot to include was make the top arch a complete straight line, for even more added strength..

Luminastyle1redone.jpg

sorry to spoil all of the fun but the hinge goes wayyy down on the right side of the bracket so close that you really cant stick anything on the bracket there without it hitting, once i get the papers out ill show everyone my design and some fit pics.

Pm my your mailing address.

Remember, i'M only sending you the part printed out on paper, cause I don't want to spend ~$8 to ship it....thats just a PITA.

PM sent!

Remember, i'M only sending you the part printed out on paper, cause I don't want to spend ~$8 to ship it....thats just a PITA.

PM sent!

sorry, not gonna send the piece just yet....i'm gonna let birdman send a design to me and see what he comes up with....then you & him can each have a design and see how it fits.

Why not move the bar to sit nearly flush against the back seat? shouldn't have any problems with trunk hinges there, I would think.

and us guys with subs can still have one! good idea

crap yeah i forgot about my system!!! good idea tony

PM sent!

sorry, not gonna send the piece just yet....i'm gonna let birdman send a design to me and see what he comes up with....then you & him can each have a design and see how it fits.

Hey, that's cool with me. Gotta give the artists time to work! :)

Why not move the bar to sit nearly flush against the back seat? shouldn't have any problems with trunk hinges there, I would think.

That though had crossed my mind last night.....i just didn't get on here to say that....

i'll see what birdman has to say.....he is the one that is kinda in the lead....i'm just gonna make the parts when he is done.

...Jay, why don't you go to your car and let us know what you think would work....I have NO idea how the lumina hinges are.....I don't know how they sit when closed....otherwise i'd have these made by now.

if you can get a piece of cardboard cut out exactly like that and send it to me, i'll test it out over x-mas break, it's getting me excited. I've always been pissed at myself for building my box, so i can't have a RSTB