Did 1991 Cutlass Coupes come with steelies and hub caps??

99vetteman

Before you guys ask about the Z34 I purchased, oh man, what a mess, The night before I went to pick it up, 15 cars got vandalized on the dealers lot. Mine was included in that. Slashed tires, broken windows, paint keyd.. I got my deposit back and got the hell out of there! So I am going this week to look at yet another car, a 1991 Cutlass Coupe, white, 101,000 KMS, VERY LOW mileage, but the guy says it does not come with alloy rims. Was steelies and hub caps an option back in 1991 on base coupes?

Jason

dude that sucks!!!! i dont recall any 91 coupes coming with hubcaps....i cant picture what a cutlass hubcap would looklike...minus the ones that are on the sedans from 94?+

dude that sucks!!!! i dont recall any 91 coupes coming with hubcaps....i cant picture what a cutlass hubcap would looklike...minus the ones that are on the sedans from 94?+

I think I have seen a FEW in the past, but not sure what years they would have been. They are just a plain grey hubcap with the olds logo in the centre I believe. I am hoping it has at least the 15" crosslace!

I think the 15" hubcaps were for 92 and up on the Cutlass, so yeah, they'll probobly be the 14s. And yes, I have seen the 14" alloy crosslaces...I think Taylor's 88 had them way back in the day, and they were body color. I also seen a white 88 with body color 14s... but they could have been aftermarket for all I know.

yup.....as soon as i posted that before....I drove around to the other side of my college's parking lot, and low and behold...i saw the hubcaps on a 91 coupe...14" for shizzle

yup.....as soon as i posted that before....I drove around to the other side of my college's parking lot, and low and behold...i saw the hubcaps on a 91 coupe...14" for shizzle

Well that confirms it then. This car must be really base. Base Cluster too I bet, probably manual windows/locks. Less to go wrong I guess. I just hope the base cluster does not go out on me if I buy it!

Jason

don't worry, they don't go out...they just flicker...a lot

I definately have seen a lot of them with Hubcaps...both my old '88 and out current '90 have had 15" crosslaces though...but I took 'em off the '90 and put on a set of '94 16" Sawblades since i had some tires laying around

For what it's worth, you could get 14" crosslaces too...

Yeah, but not on the Cutlass. I know cars like the Ciera got 14" crosslaces, but the only size crosslace you could get on the Cutlass (in '90 anyways) was 15".

He didn't know if they were factory or not, but heres some 14" crosslaces on an 88...they match the body color perfectly, so who knows...

140968_1_full.jpg

Like I said, I also saw a white one with white 14s just like those...

Seems already that the early Ws are so old now, that info is pretty hard to find... :?

I believe that is Taylor's car before he modded it. I really don't think those are factory wheels, since they don't look anything like other Olds crosslaces I've seen. Also, the Ciera 14" crosslaces look just like the 15's, only smaller; where as those in the pic have a much different hub design. Anything is possible though.

Well, I'm looking at them right now, and they don't look like that. :lol:

I have the 1990 Cutlass Series catalog (Supreme, Ciera, etc etc), and the Ciera I am looking at has 14" crosslaces that look exactly like my 15's, only smaller. I'll have to scan it. Maybe it depended on year?

Yeah I dont know....I remember years ago, I went to look at an 85 Ciera, and it had the flat faced 14s, with the centercaps that stick out REALLY far...I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about...I'll see if I can find a pic.

Yeah I think I know what you mean. I don't like any of the Olds crosslaces all that much really. I much prefer the wide look of the GP crosslaces. With the rim sticking out further than the spokes, and the spokes being flat (as opposed to curved like mine) looks much beefier IMO.

EDIT: yeah the wheels in that pci are definitely different than the Ciera wheels from the '90 catalog. Must have changed in '90.

Yeah, but not on the Cutlass. I know cars like the Ciera got 14" crosslaces, but the only size crosslace you could get on the Cutlass (in '90 anyways) was 15".

The 14" crosslaces on one of my '89 CSs were factory, I know that for sure.

yeah the Cutlass x-laces came in 14" on base and SL '88-89. 15" for '88 International, maybe an option on '89 base/SL and option on '90+ base/SL but you can't get 14" x-laces in 1990 or later. The 14" and 15" look the same except the diameter. Taylor's wheels were not a GM wheel, but something the dealer did, so it's possible there's other Cutlasses out there with the same set.

The Ciera 14s are flat faced, just like those...

the ciera croslaces were flat up untill 1989, then they became like the supreme croslaces, just in 14' variety.

The 14" crosslaces on one of my '89 CSs were factory, I know that for sure.

Yeah, I only know about 1990's and newer. Obviously '88-'89 was a different story.

The Ciera 14s are flat faced, just like those...

the ciera croslaces were flat up untill 1989, then they became like the supreme croslaces, just in 14' variety.

Yep that's what I was saying. My '90 catalog makes 'em look just like my 15's.