stock oil cooler

brian89gp

As important as a good radiator. I.E. a 1 core radiator may do the job, but a two core would be better.

Its a tough call. Sure you may do ok, but longetivity will suffer I'm sure. Anything to help keep the engine within operation parameters is good. Maybe you could do an external engine cooler, or use the DOHC radiator with the oil cooler built in if you are using a non TGP intercooler.

Chris

Motor oil can get very hot in a turbocharger, so I'd highly recommend the motor oil cooler. It's not TGP-specific, and some 3.4 DOHC even came with them, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one that'll fit.

I guess I'll see if I can locate one. I got a question about turbo coolant line routing now. I am gonna take the feed off of the port in the front of the block but I'm unsure where to run the return to. I can T into another return line if I wanted, but what about feeding it into heater core? Block source, to the turbo, to the heater core, to the return to the water pump. Is this smart or am I liable to melt something this way?

Probably the turbo.

Going from that source to the front of the heater core is like routing it right back where it started. It won't flow. You'd have to go behind the heater core where there would be a pressure drop through the core, so there would be flow from the "high" pressure side of the turbo, to the "low" pressure side of the core return.

Chris

Well , does the 3.4 have a aluminum pan. That should cool oil well. The TGPs have steel ones. Not verry friendly for cooling. though those 3.4 should have a stock oil cooler.