Will this fit?

3pt1lumina

Yes, the wiring will work, however you will have to remove or break off that plastic mounting bracket at the bottom. If you have your factory tape player you will need the mounting brackets off of it - if not you'll have to fan up some of your own.

Badically, if you've ever looked, the stereo in our Luminas is held in by 4 screws on the front (pull the dash trim off and look for yourself)...they are 7mm screws. At the back, you will have to take that "nipple" this off your tape player as well because that holds everything in the back in place.

But the wiring will work

As for price...I dunno, depends what you wanna pay for the stock look. If that thing still has the orignal mechanism in it it could stop working at any time....I know I spent alot of money of getting the factory cd player in my car fixed...I mean I could have bought a very nice aftermarket unit for the money I spent - but I like the factory look.

For a working unit, $51US doesn't sound TOO Bad yet.... I paid $20 for mine at a yard, but the cd player didn't work so I ended up spending over $200 cdn on repairs lol

yes it will work.

Keep in mind this thing might have a hard time playing burned CDs. I bought a stock CD player for $100 for my parents 97 cutlass and it usually never plays anything burned. Maybe I'm wrong since the ad specifically states that it plays burned CDs, but the stereo I tried was from 96 and it still had trouble. Also, when I worked in Car-Fi at best buy, a lot of people came in looking for a new CD player becuase there older factory deck didnt play burned CDs or they skipped a lot.

A nice 1.5 din aftermarket CD player is the pioneer DEH-P47DH or DEH-P77DH Although I agree stock would look nicer.

85_3.JPG

Mine works flawlessly :dunno:...the road to work has rattled my car to shit...however the cd player has never skipped in it....actually, the Pioneer deck in my friend's car skips more then my factory ones does...

As for burned cds, he's right. It (well mine anyway) will not play ALL burned cds. The cheap ass BenQ ones with no label on them - it will not play anything burned onto those. It also doesn't like the Sony ones with the darker green side.

However, i use anything from Maxell, Office Depot, Staples, Memorex, etc....works with all of those so I dunno...

I will admit that Pionner above is a nice deck. I've seen a picture of it in someone's Lumina and it fits beautifully flush with the dash, etc....however it still isn't factory :dunno:

Good luck on bidding!

thanks for the info! :D

see I'm kind of torn. I do have the stock radio (cassette) and I put in a cheap wal-mart pioneer deck. It's ok but now that I'm redoing the gauges and trim, IMO it looks like ass sticking out of the dash the way it does. Plus it'll go into my sisters car so it's not like it was a waste of money.

however, I really like the factory CD look... I was toying with the idea of a 1.5 gen cd player from something like a Lumina or S-10 or somethng. I put one in my dad's 97 Lumina to replace his cassette player. It was a direct plug in and works with anything i've ever thrown at it. I think that would look cool BUT will it plug in or do i have to tangle with mods??? if you guys do know, then please let me know.

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet with this...my computer died so I kind of have to buy one of those first before anything else... we'll see though.

EDIT::: http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35678 i think i answered my own question haha :lol: