turbo coolant line return?

Guest TurboSedan

Jud, yea that seems a little high, not bad though for such a useful idea, I would pay it. Is it made of aluminum or stainless? I would imagine that I could get a local shop to cut and bend these but these are yours and your idea so no stealing allowed!!! Some time I will check into it just to see if I can get a better price and let you know. As for shipping, the business that is making up the TGP posters (saw the proofs today, will be printed next week, looking beautiful!! 8) ) is also where I ship from and with an account/their account you get a better deal. I ship a lot of things to people and pass along the savings. That coil bracket is a heat shield concept? That would be good, those electronics in the ign mod are made for extreme heat but there has to be some benefit to reducing the heat there and extending the life of things, coils too.

Keep us updated, of anyone I can understand juggling a lot of things so when you can, we will still be here.

Jeff M

Jeff, Picked up the parts yesterday. These guys are from the dark ages and they have an NC Punch press. First thay wanted more money :lol: :lol: because thay had to buy a sheet or temper "O" alum(any alum but must be "O") and wanted to charge me for the rest of the sheet. Second they cut the blanks with a band saw and didn't deburr the edges said there shear was tied up on a big job.

Told them to go to hell and that they were rejected and they could keep my $50.00 deposit and I'll take the parts. They didn't like that idea. I then negociated them down to $200.00 for the job. I think they want me to buy more so they can use the rest of the material. ( thats 100 more parts) That will be the day. :lol: Now I have to sand the edges and deburr the parts. Sure glad I didn't make a 100. :( :(

I even gave the them a quot sheet( I was an estamitor and VP of Engineering for one of the largest Contract Manufacturing co west of the rockies) which said shear and deburr. My quote was less than $12.00 shipped no paint for 120 parts. I f you want you could compare your shop although I still have a relationship with my old company and could get the parts made and shipped here. About the same distance as you are to me. You seem like you have plenty to do as it is. I would like to see you come out with the new products you have been talking about and get your web site together. Are you getting close?? I would guess that if you get your products together and web site so people can order that it would be very successful. Just my 2 cents.

Anyhow I got the parts and I can push it in between the frame and motor. Was worried about that because the flange is longer than the original.

:D

As for the coil bkt. I just moved the coils so I could work on them eaiser. I don't even use the orginal mount. After having to replace 7 or 8 of them(poor autozone most under warrenty) one on a trip with no tools i had had it.

Talk to you later.

I got to get back to sanding

jud

I hear you there, had my share of dealing like that, and as well never settle for less with my money or an item I was to sell to others! Right about being busy here, hardly have time to check the message boards, just scrambled to pick up a Chevy 60 Degree V6 aluminum block for a good price, anything is a good price as compared to GM’s $4,200, and before anyone says GM parts has it for $2,900, S&H is nearly $600, but at least there is some cost associated with shipping a 70 lb block, its just when they quote the price on the xover pipe and then state $156 for S&H is when I start to see the rest of the story. Anyways, I am glad to see someone taking on this item, you go for it, it really does help me, and you sound like you have the background for at least this one!! I have had to make the background for any and all items I plan to offer, my library is getting big and interesting to see the shelves of books on every topic from engine design, flow, metallurgical to electronics, and just tons of reference that I still collect and plan to put it all on the web site, which after a few rush orders, more coming and last minute favors to pay (one for the Poster that is getting printed next week :-) ) and parts shopping and document detailing for the performance engine rebuilds I will have, plan to get back fattening up the pages to go onto the web! As for doing good, looks like with the reputation I have worked hard to earn, the feedback has all been positive, and tons of great friends made along the way, just need to interest owners more into a bit of restoration with great rewards instead of owners with a TGP as their daily driver and a collage budget, its not easy that way and really sours the opportunity the car could yield. I bought my TGPs and just replace one part at a time till its restored to better than new, then if it lasted 13 years with those parts, should last me longer with the good stuff I give it. And if GM keeps stripping the cladding off their cars (and stuff it onto their trucks, yuk) and making them look more like the older Honda Accords with goofy grills, then the TGP will still be the only one with some great looks. I still am ticked that GM makes a 1997-2003 GT look like a GTP, and only better looking than an SE, and the same 240 hp for those 7 years, ohhh come on!!! Yea Holden this!!! The Pontiac Enthusiast web site hates the Holden so much now that it, like all GM’s showy cars, is going to be sold striped down without even a hood scoop, and to retaliate, they have put the new retro Mustang on the front page of their web site!!! Autoweek just retired (by choice?) a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer, a totally redesigned vehicle, that during their year of use was on the hoist 50 days with 2 visits to GM since the dealers could not get things fixed, and GM would not tell anyone what they did. And a week after that another Trailblazer owner wrote in and said the same, but he ask the dealer if it would run (it was not running!!) long enough to take it to the Honda Dealer to buy a new Element, which they did!!! SO, our car is really not that bad at all for 13+ years of wear, and if anyone had $300 to $400 for a new car payment (is it that cheap now??) socked away every month in the bank, not paying interest on a car loan, would have at least $3,200 to $4,800 every year to tap into for repairs to their TGP, that is a lot of repairing that could be done, or for me I see it as restoration, that after less than a year I have almost every wear item replaced, like I said, fit to go for another 13 years of people wondering what the heck that sweet looking ride is and how come they did not see it at the new car dealer :-).

Jeff M