ZZP prototype poly trans mount

pwmin

Ugly, but cheap i suppose.

I don't know anyone that would consider ANY transaxle/transmission mount attractive? :) Hell, nobody would be seeing them anyways unless they crawled under your car or pulled up the splash guard in the fender....

Ohhhhh, its a trans mount, i see now. I was thinking it was an alternate for the ffp poly dogbone. In that case, I retract previous statement. Continue with your lives as usual.

Ohhhhh, its a trans mount, i see now. I was thinking it was an alternate for the ffp poly dogbone. In that case, I retract previous statement. Continue with your lives as usual.

Thank you, sir! :wink:

Does this mount fit the manual transmissions?

:lol:

Thank you, sir! :wink:

Does this mount fit the manual transmissions?

i have no idea, but i'm glad i could share. i'm sure somebody will know.

is it a lot of work to change the transmission mount? obviously not as easy as the dogbones since you're under the car I assume. I dont wanna do anything crazy like take the engine out for this thing :shock:

it's not super hard. all you have to do is have a jack under the tranny to hold it up and a jack under the subframe. take the subframe bolts loose and the bolt that goes from the steering rack to the shaft. [butthead voice]he said shaft[/butthead voice]. then there's 2 bolts that hold the mount to the subframe and two that hold it to the tranny. use the jack under the tranny to support the engine/trans while the mount is out. you may also have to loosen the half-shaft and steering link. that is what i did to get the sidecover off when i did the shift kit and i had to get the mount off to get the sidecover out. you may not have to remove the shaft and link though to get the mount. it's not difficult, just be very careful not to pull the shaft out. make sure the bolt is out before it's apart and make sure it doesnt pull out with the bolt out. believe me, i've done it before and it really sucks. the boot is about impossible to deal with. you'll need a pry bar to lift the boot up and a pry bar to life the shaft off of the rack. hope that helped. edit: cant remember for sure, but you may need a universal to get the mount bolts out.

the mount just arrived today, this thing is freaking solid! imagine the dogbone inserts about 3 times the size. Only thing I wonder about is if the vibrations that would normally be absorbed by the urathane mount will damage the transmission casing when launching hard.

I guess we will find out, this gets installed tommorw and i hit the track in 2 weeks time. Ill get pics up late.

from looking at the pics of the stock mount for the 95 Gen 1.5 it looks like there might be a problem fitting this there seems to be a slight variation in the mount style between the 95-98 and the 99+ w's

Im going to pick up a stock mount just to hedge my bets.

Ill keep you guys updated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...