What do you guys think?

GutlessSupreme

TSTEchop.jpg

I have spare foglights and a hackable bumper in the garage, and fiberglass is fairly cheap.. 8)

I hate the lightbar, but it still doesn't look quite right if it's just painted over, either. If I can pull the fiberglassing off, I think this'll look pretty damn good. (If I ever get to this, the chrome will be whited out too, I just forgot to photoshop that part. I hate chrome.)

yea, i'm not sure.. though.. it looks better than I thought it would, but a coupe bumper might look better (non-TGP. I WOULD but I'm not going to spend the time to make a body kit for the sedan doors...). I'm trying to find head-on coupe bumper pics to see which I like better. From the looks of it, the coupe would be good, but doesn't have some groves that flow into the rest of the cladding around the car. hmm.

Id go that route.. Does Shaun (Digitaloutsider) still have the old LTE around? If he's does and isn;t doing anything with it, you mihgt be able to get the nose from him.. If you had needed it like 2 weeks ago, I could have had it for you! Complete with headlights, fogs.. All of it!

I might just hold off and go the TGP route. thinking about it, it might take a while to do the fiberglass work but it shouldn't be all that bad. we shall see.. just playing with options. then I'd be able to stick those crosslaces in there without them bulging out 4 feet from the side of the car like they did on the Cutlass :lol:

Otherwise there is always the miniquad route.. THe body cladding would need actually less modification.. Slap on, cut, glass, sand, bondo, prime paint.. THe front and rear bumpers would basically be ready to go..

Otherwise there is always the miniquad route.. THe body cladding would need actually less modification.. Slap on, cut, glass, sand, bondo, prime paint.. THe front and rear bumpers would basically be ready to go..

1) I hate miniquads

2) It'd still be the same amount of work.. :shrug: the only things that need to be modified at the door panels. Front and rear bumpers are direct fits, just need to swap the lightbar out for regular fogs (easy) and get it repainted, which would likely happent to the whole car if I went this route, anyway.

Looks cool, but I think people would confuse it with a Sunbird.

Personally I don't think I'll run into that problem... :shrug:

very cool...although wtf is up with your headlights?

??? do you mean the photoshopped fog lights? the pic they came from while on the TGP was pretty damn bright and I was having a hard time matching the lighting in the TSTE pic.

I think it would look good, although I'm gonna be the minority here and have to disagree with the whole thing to preserve the car since it's kinda rare...

And yes, I wouldn't recommend mini-quads to anyone, they SUCK.

I dunno, I kinda like the light bar. It's unique, and I like how easy it is to spot a Gen I GP at night.

Yup I'm against the majority here too. I don't like that on the front end. It makes it look old. I'd rather keep the lightbar.

I like my lightbar. I go back and forth, but I like how when you have the parking lights on, it lights on low. It's really unique.

I just gotta get silverstar bulbs for it, to match my regular headlights. It really looks gay with two white lights and the rest yellow. I just don't wanna pay $6/pair for them. :thumbsdown:

Light bars are stupid.. Ditch the thing.. I personally LOVE the look of that bumper.. Everytime I see a light bar on anything, I go and vomit..

Yes, the mercury sable can pull it off, ya know why? Because it is modeled after the Taurus, and the Taurus is one of the UGLIEST cars ever created..

Do it man.. And if you dont like it, put it back the way it was..