Unsticking rear calipers

gp90se

Not sure if its the cable or both calipers are frozen. Had the car towed home from work, damn thing hard the rear calipers frozen shut. Gotta jack up the rear and see which side it needs.

any way 2 get these things to unstick (lubing up the sliders??) If i have to, ill replace them, but only if I must.

My sliders did that to the point where they wouldn't actuate properly, and in winter they wouldn't unlock as quickly as the fornt brakes, so when I went around a corner with minimal traction, the rear tires just locked and the car spun around lol

My sliders were just greased up and everything as been working great since.

If the piston is frozen, youll just have to buy new ones, the rebuild kit isnt worth the time or money. If the calipers just wont slide on the caliper slides, then youll prolly need new slides. When you go to grease the slides, use dielectric compound, it wont freeze and wont carry dirt and it stays there.

is this on your prix? if it is, i'd replace both callipers that cars been sitting for what 2 years? :lol:

if its your regal i'd put my money on a bad parking brake cable.

• 3 weeks later...

GM had a huge problem with the rear calipers on these cars. I actually got a letter from a lawyer asking to particitpate in a class action lawsuit a couple of years ago. The sliders on my rear calipers froze and that was with normal use. Kind of strange how two little rubber orings can cause so much trouble.

GM had a huge problem with the rear calipers on these cars. I actually got a letter from a lawyer asking to particitpate in a class action lawsuit a couple of years ago. The sliders on my rear calipers froze and that was with normal use. Kind of strange how two little rubber orings can cause so much trouble.