badassoldspower

Ok so my car really needs an alignment since i lowered 2 weeks ago. So i have an appointment to get it done Wensday. I only have one question for you guys, should i put my stock wheels and tires on my car so that jackass at the shop does not fuck up my nice ones? And is it bad that i have waited this long to get the alignment done?

u could, but you'd get a better alignment if u had your 077's on it, cuz that what you drive on. If they scratch them THEY PAY FOR THEM. We had to pay for a wheel when i worked at a shop, cuz some jack ass fucked it up on the rack.

U remined me i lowered my car like 2 years ago and haven't gotten a alignment :oops:

yeah they only problem is that i have the 5x114.3 wheels and i am afraid that the guy there will not progressively torque them down the correct way so they do not vibrate me outta the car.

I really love those 077 wheels all you guys seem to have, where did you get them from? And yes it is bad to drive with an improperly aligned car, the tires will wear faster and you will get worse gas mileage, but those are the only things I know of.

Matt

Once i lowered it i got the alignment immediatly. Made helluva difference IMO.

All they can really change is the toe, just make sure everything else is in spec.

Cant really adjust much else on these cars.

u could, but you'd get a better alignment if u had your 077's on it, cuz that what you drive on. If they scratch them THEY PAY FOR THEM. We had to pay for a wheel when i worked at a shop, cuz some jack ass fucked it up on the rack.

U remined me i lowered my car like 2 years ago and haven't gotten a alignment :oops:

Wow! I dunno how your roads are, but the PA roads are so bad we have to get alignments like 1 or 2 times a year if you care about your car.

Wow! I dunno how your roads are, but the PA roads are so bad we have to get alignments like 1 or 2 times a year if you care about your car.

i only drive my car about 1000 miles a year if i'm lucky proll more like 500

I really love those 077 wheels all you guys seem to have, where did you get them from? And yes it is bad to drive with an improperly aligned car, the tires will wear faster and you will get worse gas mileage, but those are the only things I know of.

Matt

look up barton performance in Adrian Michigan (used to have all the info in my sig)

its better to have it aligned with the wheels that you drive on, but i would worry about that. just make sure they know all the quirks before you let them have it. as to talk to the tech after you're done. of course, he'll tell you it's lowered and he did the best he could, but make sure he torqued them right and there is no damage. shouldnt be a problem. go to a shop you've dealt with before; pref a dealer. the best shop near me is a dealer; i wont take it anywhere else. of course, your best shop might not be the dealer. at least go to unless, of course, my dad had an alignment machine at his shop. just dont go to jiffy lube or big o or something like that. i think it was luke that took his car to a shop and they didnt tighten the lugnuts and he drove to a w-body meet in KS.

but i know they are gonna try and use an impact on the lugs, the only thing is the impact sockets fit in there really tight and its gonna chip the chrome on the wheels and the lugs.

Would it be ok to put my stockers back on just for the alignment, or no

honestly since you use those 077s the most i'd do the alignment with them on...for a more accurate alignment

but seriously inspect the hell out of them before and after it gets done...like pics

just incase so you have something to nab them on if they do mess up the wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you just can't get an answer to a simple question can you. I say...

I really don't know how big a difference it could make if you have it aligned with the stocker.....but being that guys are always switching from summer wheels to winter wheels and not getting an alignment each season....I'd say you would at least be within tolerable limits to have it aligned with the stockers, then put the 077's back on.

You might just drop in to the shop you're thinking of and walk the guy who would do the job out to your car and have a talk with him about your concerns.

They want your money so they will take the time to look over the car and wheels. He should be able to tell you if it will make a difference or if he can give you some confidence as to him not marking up the 077's.

No matter how young you may be, you are the customer and you have the power. Some shop guys are arragant but remember....he wants your money, and you have it and can always take it somewhere else.

signed: I guy who has no problem walking out of a restaurant after I've sat down but not yet ordered.

I have done some alignments, so I believe to understand the theory behind it. It shouldn't make a differance what kind of wheels tires are on it. You are aligning the suspension and steering, not the wheels, the wheels should be round and true no mater which ones they are. Bad tires and uneven air pressures can cause a car to pull to one side or the other, but has nothing to do with the alignment settings.