TCC part # needed!!!!!!

mfewtrail

I need to know the TCC(torque converter control switch) part # for a 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix(3.1/4T60-E). Is this a dealer part and also is it actually called a "torque converter control switch?" Thanks for any info!!!!!

It is a dealer part Im pretty sure, cant give you a number though. Most parts involving the auto tranny are dealer parts, cuz they dont think average Joe's are smart enough to fix one, plus they want to make the money off of us. I think it may also be referred to as a Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid, it thats whats your asking about. I havent heard of a Torque Converter Control Switch.

It is a dealer part Im pretty sure, cant give you a number though. Most parts involving the auto tranny are dealer parts, cuz they dont think average Joe's are smart enough to fix one, plus they want to make the money off of us. I think it may also be referred to as a Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid, it thats whats your asking about. I havent heard of a Torque Converter Control Switch.

k, thanks for the info, I also thought it was something with "solenoid" in it since I've never seen "torque converter control switch" anywhere but here..lol

It is a solenoid, and it's available via aftermarket also. It's not a dealer only part. Check out this site...thats where I bought mine.

http://www.bulkparts.com

Jason

so it would be the "4T60-E shift and lockup solenoid?"....sorry for asking so many questions, but I have no clue about trannies yet!! getting a tranny rebuild manual off ebay to learn a few things.. :D :wink:

Looks like that would be it, mfewtrail. Have fun rebuilding your tranny!!

Robby

BTW I am pretty sure a shift kit is available for your tranny if your interested. The reason I mention it is, it can ONLY be installed during a rebuild. I know this is available for the 4T60, not completely sure about 4T60-E.