Post your dyno charts. & Boost quest.?

RedZMonte

I want to see how many of you have dynoed your cars and i would love to see the power curve's. Stock or modified.. I am curious to see how the car reacts to mods.

BTW, How does the boost hold up threw the RPM's. Does it boost up then fall down towards redline?

Thanks,

Shane

Is there a dyno in Denver? How much? I had a free ride for the dyno down here at Super-Flow, but they said they don't have room for a FWD car to fit on backwards or some shit. Oh well... 8)

Is there a dyno in Denver? How much? I had a free ride for the dyno down here at Super-Flow, but they said they don't have room for a FWD car to fit on backwards or some shit. Oh well... 8)

1st they should be able to roll the rollers eather way.. they dyno reads the power reguardless of the direction its rotating.. There is a couple of dyno's in denver.. I have a decent hookup at the one in Ft. Collins.

Denver's Dynos: (that i know of)

* Dyno Pro's http://www.dynopros.com $75 ($50 threw RMCGP on a dyno day)

* Paragon Tuning $75

Ft Collins:

* PFI http://www.PFISpeed.com $50 (threw me)

Shane

Yeah the roller will go either way but they said something about the straps and how the test aisle is there that a FWD car would not work... :?

I almost took a job with them as a world wide installer and tech advisor. They build the dyno's in CO Springs. They told me I would be out of the country for 7 months out of the year. Would be an awesome job for a 20 year old, but not for me...I want to settle down. I saw many parts of the world when I was in the military.. 8)

Yea ya! The turbo had about 180k on it also. We did three runs, and the numbers were very close. The other cars that were there were all dynoing where they should have been, so the dyno was working fine. I guess 275ft lbs is right on the mark for the TGPs with mods though. I had:

TG160 chip

K&N filters

Magnecor plug wires

NGK V-grove plugs

3 inch exhaust

other stuff I can't think of now...

That was also with a bad head gasket, and low compression in two cylinders (125psi in two of them compared to 160psi in the other 4).

The Autometer boost gauge said I was making 14psi during that run, but I later determined the WG spring was not strong enough to make more than 9 psi on a automatic trans, so who knows. It's fixed now, so it should be making a little more power.

The engine/turbo thats in the Cutlass now has only 125k miles on it, and it runs way better than the old engine, so it should be making a little more power now. The car definately feels faster than it did before, but not quite as fast as my TurboSTE.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

KK,

Just check the RMCGP website and go with "us" next time we have a dyno day.

TW

BTW - I have a "butt dyno" if I ever come back and you take me for a ride :lol: