Selling Dale-Earnhardt Limited Edition Z-34 Lumina - advice?

reuter

There were 25 DE Z34s made, and only 2 had the 5-speeds. Both have been accounted for. One has a few pics up and about, and the other was owned by an enthusiast on EFI Street, and he sold it after being offered $10k+ outside of a Home Depot or something. We havn't heard of the second one since it was sold.

I have heard the exact opposite. I had heard that they ALL were 5spds.

You heard wrong.

I don't doubt that :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• reuter

• Prospeeder

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont doubt you could get $10-$20K for it, Trailer it to a NASCAR race in North Carolina and stick a sign on it and copies of the documentation in the windows, you'll sell it in a couple of races if not in 15 minutes. There are some obsessed earnhardt freaks out there... If it were me though, i would hold onto it for 20 more years.

Just for comparison, one of the General Lee's, completely trashed and barley recognizable, with documentation, ran for about $20,000 on ebay. Turbo Grand Prix's in pristine condition, ive been seeing around for 5-7K, and there a few 1000 of those, why not at least double that for 1 of 18?

I know you won't get $35,000 for a Lumina, even if Jesus himself once rode shotgun.

:lol2:

LOL :lol:

but, i, jesus h. "tap-dancing" crhist, did ride shotgun on that car...

Im sorry man but if I had 30 grand to blow i can sure as hell tell you it would not be for some gimmiky Lumina, hell i could get a pretty fucking sweet SS camaro for that kinda money plus i would have a faster car, sorry man 30k is unreasonable.

Im sorry man but if I had 30 grand to blow i can sure as hell tell you it would not be for some gimmiky Lumina, hell i could get a pretty fucking sweet SS camaro for that kinda money plus i would have a faster car, sorry man 30k is unreasonable.

Every-one has a different taste. The right buyer will come with the right price at the right time. Its a very hard car to sell.

Well...put your money where your mouth is. If you have "100% documentation", show it. It was #8 of 18. Prove it. What else is significant? Prove it. Why in God's name would someone pay $35,000 for it? Prove it. A car is worth only what people will pay for it. My signature in orange ink is unbelieveably rare...only one copy is known by man to exist. It's worth didly crap unless someone is willing to open thier checkbook for it. No...sorry...I don't know crap about your car...but, I do know that some absolutely pristine examples of fine, rare 442 musclecars have a hard time breaking $20,000...I have a much harder time believing that some Dale Earnhardt junkie would pay that much for such a mediocre car...unless there were something really significant about it.

Well...put your money where your mouth is. If you have "100% documentation", show it. It was #8 of 18. Prove it. What else is significant? Prove it. Why in God's name would someone pay $35,000 for it? Prove it. A car is worth only what people will pay for it. My signature in orange ink is unbelieveably rare...only one copy is known by man to exist. It's worth didly crap unless someone is willing to open thier checkbook for it. No...sorry...I don't know crap about your car...but, I do know that some absolutely pristine examples of fine, rare 442 musclecars have a hard time breaking $20,000...I have a much harder time believing that some Dale Earnhardt junkie would pay that much for such a mediocre car...unless there were something really significant about it.

i agree with u all the way! i definatly dont thing some lumina with some stickers and a paper and a signiture makes it worth anything, mabye a little more than some other Z34

again with the "all w-bodies below my tgp are shit" attitude

i think that you should stop slashing the poor guy's throat and at least give him some useful advice/info instead of saying he should be in the nut house for askin so much for "some lumina"...i dont see any other W being as rare??? 1 of 18?

and for the last time...prospeeder the way you put this seems like you or I signed this car...for christ's sakes it was Dale Earnhardt....an icon in the automotive/racing industry

ok so man....just put it in for like $10 grand and see if anybody bites....and how many miles are on it?

Ok, you said it was 8 of 18, why does the ad say there was 25 made?

the one in the link is a 1992....there were only 25 made in 92...and 18 made in 93.

It's a collector's item, therefore it's not "just some Lumina". I agree with asking around 10k for it and seeing what the response is. I myself would love to have something signed by one of my favorite people of all time, but I don't have the money. :(

i think that you should stop slashing the poor guy's throat and at least give him some useful advice/info instead of saying he should be in the nut house for askin so much for "some lumina"...i dont see any other W being as rare??? 1 of 18?

and for the last time...prospeeder the way you put this seems like you or I signed this car...for christ's sakes it was Dale Earnhardt....an icon in the automotive/racing industry

ok so man....just put it in for like $10 grand and see if anybody bites....and how many miles are on it?

where the hell in my post or any did i say that? like u have ANY room to talk, u have a 4 door gold lumina, with an unpainted Z34 grill on it, its practily base, oops, i forgot, luminas didnt have any options besides some power windows and front buckets and a 3.4 DOHC :roll:

where the hell in my post or any did i say that? like u have ANY room to talk, u have a 4 door gold lumina, with an unpainted Z34 grill on it, its practily base, oops, i forgot, luminas didnt have any options besides some power windows and front buckets and a 3.4 DOHC :roll:

WTF does the availible options on a LUMINA have to do with anything!?...and, why are you ripping on HIS CAR!?...WTF?...@ least his car still has the WHOLE FRONT BUMPER on it!...

anywayz, i'm in B4 DA LoCK as well...

as for this thread...i have to agree that you probably won't get over 20k for it...maybe 15k tops IMO...but, hey...u can try!...

at least my cars grill is the right color

but who cares, i guess some insane fan will buy it, i just said it wasnt worht it, and compared it to a TGP wich is more desirable to alot of people, and he attacks my car, wow, i dont have a front velence, so do half the other TGP owners, and im getting one soon anyway

lol good one....at least my grille is the right color....thanks for pointing that out captain obvious! :wink:

its called winter project

my car's far from base buddy...i'll the trophies to my trash talkin for me :lol:

oh and im sorry...ALL HAIL THE TGP!!!!! :roll:

i think this thread is done....good luck selling your sweet Z34

I have yet to see any 8-10 year old stock w-body sell for more than 6-8K. There was a stock lumina on Ebay selling for 16K with less than 18000miles on it and it got 0 bids.

Also theres a guy here who went in on an 88' CS Pacecar replica and I doubt it will fetch them any investment, they will be lucky to get a return of their money.

hay, i didnt say it was bad, i said that was one of the luminas 4 options, a motor, some power locks and windows, and bucket seats and CD player, if it even got that]

and how so, besides the fact its proven the 3.1T can kick a 3.4 Auto in the ass, and doesnt throw timing belts?