Selling Dale-Earnhardt Limited Edition Z-34 Lumina - advice?

reuter

A friend of mine owns a 1993 Z-34 Lumina that was driven by Dale Earnhardt in a Sundrop promotion. It comes with a bunch of personalized Earnhardt memorabilia and was #8 of 18 made.

My question is, is there any sort of demand for these things? He told me they usually go for around $35,000+

Do y'all know anything about these cars?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• reuter

• Prospeeder

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine owns a 1993 Z-34 Lumina that was driven by Dale Earnhardt in a Sundrop promotion. It comes with a bunch of personalized Earnhardt memorabilia and was #8 of 18 made.

My question is, is there any sort of demand for these things? He told me they usually go for around $35,000+

Do y'all know anything about these cars?

If you are going to claim that it is 1 or only 18 total you had better have lots of documentation to back that up. Even with such documentation I think that he would be EXTREMELY luck to even see 10k, even if it is very low mileage and it great shape. More realistically he will probably get 2-5K depending on condition/mileage.

so...

anybody with any kind of intelligence on the subject rather than the 5-year old trash talking BS?

and the car is in pristine shape with incredibly low mileage (practically undriven, garage kept since purchase) 100% documentation.

so...

anybody with any kind of intelligence on the subject rather than the 5-year old trash talking BS?

and the car is in pristine shape with incredibly low mileage (practically undriven, garage kept since purchase) 100% documentation.

It's not trash-talking BS. I tend to agree. It's a Lumina. No matter how "special" it is, (and this is coming from an Earnhardt fan, I was at his last race) it's still a Chevy Lumina. Our cars have low resale value, you're lucky yours is in such good shape, you'll probably get around $5k for it if you find someone who appreciates it, it's better than the rest of your Lumina bretheren who'd be lucky to get $2k for their cars.

so...

Just because you didn't receive the "hell yeah it is worth $30k" responses doesn't mean that there is "5yr old trash talking BS" going on. The only one talking trash is you with your "anybody with any kind of intellegence" remark.

Sorry you didn't get the answers that you wanted to hear, but I will promise you that you won't sell that car for $35k even it it had 3 original miles on it.

well, here is a 1992 for sale for $27,900.

http://www.wheelsofspeed.com/class/clvintcr.html

any other genius advice?

Listing prices are pointless, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you are that confident in the cars value, put it on eBay with no reserve and you will find it's true "value". "Earnhart Z34s" sell on eBay pretty often actually and I have NEVER seen one close for more the $6k.

well, obviously no one who has posted yet does posess any previous experience or knowledge of these cars. so how exactly was my comment out of line? i did not say "any kind of intelligence." i said "intelligence on the subject." i have much better things to do with my time than have a pissing contest over a 12 year old Lumina that is not even my own. I was simply asking if you all had come across these collector cars before, and what you suggested I do to help a friend sell his.

well, obviously no one who has posted yet does posess any previous experience or knowledge of these cars. so how exactly was my comment out of line? i did not say "any kind of intelligence." i said "intelligence on the subject." i have much better things to do with my time than have a pissing contest over a 12 year old Lumina that is not even my own. I was simply asking if you all had come across these collector cars before, and what you suggested I do to help a friend sell his.

I posted my experience with the value/pricing of these cars, you didn't like my response. :shrug:

Get an expert to appraise it then...

A agree with Jeremy for the most part. I think due to the condition of the car it might be worth more, but still not near $30k.

you all say they sell for $6,000. i have no problem believing that whatsoever. but i'm having a real problem finding documentation of these things ever selling. if you've seen them sell for $6,000 do you remember where? or how to find that out so i can show this friend?

you all say they sell for $6,000. i have no problem believing that whatsoever. but i'm having a real problem finding documentation of these things ever selling. if you've seen them sell for $6,000 do you remember where? or how to find that out so i can show this friend?

there were 3 or 4 them that sold in a couple month span on eBay about this time last year. If you use the search feature on this site you will find a thread or two about the auction(s), but obviously all the eBay links are now dead.....

by the way i just got off the phone with the previous owner of the 1992 listed for $27,000.

in case you all were wondering, she let me know that just after the death of Earnhardt, the value of these things went past $40,000. they are back down now, but she was still able to get just under $20,000 for her 1992.

do you all know of any other DE Z34s being sold or that have been sold?

yea the lady i spoke with said ebay is not the way to go about selling these cars. i definitely agree that the $35,000 price range was a high estimate for my friend to make, but having found out the value of these cars after DE's death, i can understand why he made such an estimate. however, $5-6,000... yea right.

is your buddy's car a 5spd?

im not sure. he is having the car fully detailed in and out on saturday and i am bringing a photographer friend with me to go get some shots that will really make the car look great. i'll find out then.

I'm not telling you not to TRY to get what you want out of it, I'm just saying in our experience with these cars it's unrealistic to expect that much out of a car that old.

Definitely clean it up, and I'm sure if you find the right buyer you might get 15k out of it, but it might take awhile.

I've seen these cars for sale for $25,000. And they have been for sale for many years now.

Not to be mean or anything, but... if your friend wants to put it for sale for $20,000, tell your friend to be prepared to sit on it for a while. It's not that it's not a collector's item, it's just that:

1) It's a 12 year old car, fwd, GM car. What was worth $20,000 10-15 years ago is now worth $1500-$3000.

2) Yes, it may have a signature, and some collector items with the vehicle, but thats only worth soo much.

3) Get on NADA guides or kellybluebook.com and look up what a Z34 for that year with all your options the car has, and add on $2000. That is realistically what it is worth.

Sorry bud...

:werd: how long was that pikes peak car for sale? i think if a car that is the ONLY w to run pikes peak took so meany years to sell for what they wanted, it's going to be a LONG time before you get 35, or even 20k out of that car.

i think your friend would be lucky to get 15k out if it, given what the other earnhardt z34s went for recently. who knows, though. he might get lucky. it owuld be rpetty cool to see a w go for that much. it would make me feel better about dumping as much cash as i have into w. :lol:

oh here's some info about the pike's peak tgp, they wanted 15k for this thing

http://www.autocollections.com/index.cfm?key=720&action=details&tab=inventory