Selling Dale-Earnhardt Limited Edition Z-34 Lumina - advice?

reuter

i guess we'll just have to see. if the guy had to sit on the car for a year to get $18k out of it as opposed to $6k now, i'm sure he would do it. $12,000 for doing nothing he hasnt been doing the past 10 years doesnt sound like too bad of a deal to me. i'm gonna do my best to alert any sort of potential enthusiast/buyers of it before putting it up for sale to hype it up a little. no expectations, but id like to see this thing flipped for a good profit even if it takes some time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• reuter

• Prospeeder

• Euro

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely. If theres no reason it has to be gone soon, hang on to it until you find someone that will pay that kinda money for it. It's not that it's not a cool car or anything, it's just that to most people is just another car with some fancy stuff tacked on. You gotta be patient to find the few that will truly appreciate (and pay good money :lol: ) for something like it. Good luck to ya, I hope it goes for that much :mrgreen:

good luck selling...i'd always start high...i.e $9,000 and see if anybody bites...regardless they're rare cars, rarer than any real other Gen1 Wbody....the "true" DE cars(not the fakes) were sold at earnhardt chevrolet in newton, NC...i'd try to contact them..to see if they've got anything

hope this helps! :D

oh here's some info about the pike's peak tgp, they wanted 15k for this thing

http://www.autocollections.com/index.cfm?key=720&action=details&tab=inventory

The Pikes peak car has been listed by the auto collections for a couple of years now. It was listed for $13,500 or so for the longest time and never sold(I inquired about it once and I believe they said they would take $1K less than list price from someone seriously interested...but this was three years ago when I talked to them about it.)

a first gen lumina, go for 30k?!! BAHAHAHA, right, not even a mint TGP would go for anywhere near 6k and its WAY more desirable than a lumina with some tacked on stuff and a "signiture" :lol: sorry, 6k tops

a first gen lumina, go for 30k?!! BAHAHAHA, right, not even a mint TGP would go for anywhere near 6k and its WAY more desirable than a lumina with some tacked on stuff and a "signiture" :lol: sorry, 6k tops

:roll: yeah right back at ya....i'd much rather have this z34 than any TGP :?

and its not just some signature....Big E was **is** a legend in the racing industry

well coming from some1 owning a lumina, and never drivin a TGP im sure, i can see u saying that, but that like saying the RPE GP's are worth 30k cause Richard Petty is a pretty famous racer too

well coming from some1 owning a lumina, and never drivin a TGP im sure, i can see u saying that, but that like saying the RPE GP's are worth 30k cause Richard Petty is a pretty famous racer too

But Richard Petty isn't dead, and he didn't die during a race. Its the sentamental factor that plays a roll in price. Also, there were alot more then 18 RPE's made.

And you really need to give up this "My TGP is better then any w" bullshit. its annoying and boring.

And you really need to give up this "My TGP is better then any w" bullshit. its annoying and boring.

:werd:

I've been around W's since I was 15 and let me tell you they all feel the fucking same.

I am in total agreement with this statement, especially considering that your TGP doesn't even have a complete front fascia on it :shock:

But Richard Petty isn't dead, and he didn't die during a race. Its the sentamental factor that plays a roll in price. Also, there were alot more then 18 RPE's made.

thanks Kyle.....so werd x4...

Guest Anonymous

Try the nada webiste price guides. I dont recall the exact adress, but google it. They actually list my limited edition as a model for 92, when KBB doesn't. however, there is no typical price (or options) listed... It just states that they exist. It may be different with the DE ones.

Weren't there 100 of those ernahardt luminas?

There were 25 DE Z34s made, and only 2 had the 5-speeds. Both have been accounted for. One has a few pics up and about, and the other was owned by an enthusiast on EFI Street, and he sold it after being offered $10k+ outside of a Home Depot or something. We havn't heard of the second one since it was sold.

There were 25 DE Z34s made, and only 2 had the 5-speeds. Both have been accounted for. One has a few pics up and about, and the other was owned by an enthusiast on EFI Street, and he sold it after being offered $10k+ outside of a Home Depot or something. We havn't heard of the second one since it was sold.

I have heard the exact opposite. I had heard that they ALL were 5spds.

I have heard the exact opposite. I had heard that they ALL were 5spds.

You heard wrong.