Jeff M's Engine info- Jeff M, Please post specs here :)

kuntzie

Actually I am going to delete my last post here that had my engine info after a few read it, that in respect of this being Jud's post 8) , even if he treats me so bad :bonk:

Jeff M

well i wanna know, and a few other want to know, so hopefully he'll share in this post

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• TGPilot

• Garrett Powered

• z284pwr

I asked the mods if they could take out that last post by futuretgp'r, I did not want to invite any flames or threats or bad talk, not a good idea really 8) you want blood :) , get some tickets to the boxing fights in your local town :lol: our board gets more than enough wars, and we don't need to be trying to encourage one :nono:

I will admit I would not be bothered by comparing notes and race stories and time slips and such, but so far I just dont' see that Jud likes to play well with others :lol: :shrug: me at least so be it 8) , no need to get him all wound up over nothing that will benefit his work anyways :wink: I think its great what he is doing and have moved my post out of his topic to show respect for him and his post :!:

Curtis Walker still has the fastest TGP motor and that is fine with me 8) , there are others that people don't know about here either, or the 13.56 and 13.3 two other actual TGP owners did, its up to them to say if they want :!:

Jeff M

Well the second build still has the approach and a few specification and parts up in the air but initial plans for this winter are as follows, just hope there are a few that really want me to post all this, I don’t like bragging so this is just the facts.....scratch that…..I am not going to post it here, too often I get some that feel I am over doing it with such posts :roll: , and I don't want the different approach I have to be used to be fuel to say things about Jud's, there are many different approaches and I am not going to say they are wrong just because they are different, if they are sucessfull then that is all that matters :!: So I will just stick the engine info on my web site and put a link here for anyone that wants to look, an old friend Aaron Lephart and Curtis Walker did this approach and maybe its better that way :)

Link to come later.

Jeff M

sorry if i was causing trouble....i really intended it as a light-hearted coment....not trying to start anything here (nothing malicious at least)!! didn't think i was steping on toes but apparently i was!!

again sorry about that!!

ps lets see that link!

Thanks a lot for understanding :D Sometimes it can be way too easy to get things going badly, being on here for a number of years helps mods sense when its likely to happen, at least we hope, other times its just knowing the people and how they respond......or have reacted to words here in the past. Even after that its still easy to get confused and get pissed, I have to re-read people's posts and PM a few times to make sure I understand where they are coming from, and even with that I can still get it wrong and have to apologize, and usually that is all that is needed (an apology) 8).

So thanks again!!! Working on that link, its extra work I had not planned on trying to fit into my daily projects but did get a good amount done till about 4am this morning.

Jeff M

Kuntzie wrote.

Something about rivalry between me and Jeff.

No kuntzie. I applaud people building there cars up and really enjoy reading what they have done and some times participating as long as there truthful and I believe that 99.99% are truthful. It’s the untruths and miss leading statements that I am opposed to.

I just dont' see that Jud likes to play well with others :lol: :shrug: me at least so be it 8) ,

Jeff M

No Jeff just you. The day when you decide to cut the BS and miss leading statements is the day I won’t say another word. Until then I will be on you like bees to honey. :) As you can tell I can’t stand misleading statements. :bash:

Why can’t you just admit that you don’t have a 450HP motor. To big an ego, the grew is caught, got to be the king, what the heck is with you. Now you have to scramble around with more BS to try and appease the forum with a bunch of parts that until put together won't be a 450 motor, you just plain didn’t tell the truth.

Save yourself a lot of scrambling and come clean for once. You may have plans for a 450 motor but plans are just plans with no reality until there executed. And by the way I hope that someday you complete your plans. :)

Be nice if you changed your sig until you have something. The 350 too.

:?

Jud

I just dont' see that Jud likes to play well with others :lol: :shrug: me at least so be it 8) ,

Jeff M

Why can’t you just admit that you don’t have a 450HP motor. To big an ego, the grew is caught, got to be the king, what the heck is with you. Now you have to scramble around with more BS to try and appease the forum with a bunch of parts that until put together won't be a 450 motor, you just plain didn’t tell the truth.

Save yourself a lot of scrambling and come clean for once. You may have plans for a 450 motor but plans are just plans with no reality until there executed. Jud

And by the way I hope that someday you complete your plans. :)

Its funny, these statements sound like they come from two totally different people :!: :shock: :shrug: Which one would you reply to :lol:

Jeff M

Got some of it done, too much else hitting me right now, but at least getting time to do my 2004 taxes :shock: :lol: . The plans to redo the 450 to the next stage is for this winter. Same as it was for my Typhoon, 2 years of research and some buying, then buy the last parts needed and get to it. The engine is about the same as my Typhoon as far as using a billet crank and forged rods and forged lower compression pistons, work the heads and match a cam, more fuel, other things the same as the approach on the truck except the turbo, not going with a T69 on the TGP, don't need another 650 hp engine, that would never get traction with FWD, and the truck getting 759 lb-ft at 3,200 rpms (need to find my dyno print out to confirm the rpms for sure) with AWD is stupid quick enough to be the fast car in the family for when I need my G-Fix :lol:.

Will get her done here soon, still have some diggin to find the last info the tax man needs, going to take it there to him tonight, busy nevers ends :lol:

Jeff M

Still Doing taxes........... :lol:

Yea :oops: with all the complexities of our taxes there is no way I am going to tackle them, did them often in the past when life was simple and I was young and single :D but getting married and making investments for the future/retirement etc changes a lot :shock: . But part of the problem is that my neighbor dropped out of doing my taxes, then the guy I was to hook up with that had retired a while back from working with the IRS to be a tax man (oh he was very good!!) was retiring now from that work as well, leaving it to his boys, who were only a shadow of his left pinky as good :roll: but they (almost :lol: ) got me an extension while I did other pressing things, waiting to get someone to recommend a tax man that was good, finally found someone who did another extension for me, and now there are no more extensions so drop some projects and get it done.

Fun oh yea :lol:

Jeff M

Wow with all that typing you could have thrown up a little info about your engine. :wink:

I tell ya, I never get a break, even when I try to get some understanding :roll:

The info you are interested in will be a little longer than that post :lol: :)

Jeff M

Your an a long way from haveing a 450 motor. Still think you should change your sig because at present you don't have one.

Don' forget to stand in front of your pictures or nobody will believe you.

Keep trucking. :)

Jud

Yea man, we have too much fun in postings together :lol: now I got to rib you some too, only fair :D , you need to change the "Quickest TGP on the planet" as I know of one owner that run a 13.56 and another that ran a 13.31 :wink: Actually I really don't care, is it really that criticle :? Do what you want and enjoy life, too short to get wrinkled over just words 8)

The 450 hp build is the old setup, the web link is the next approach, too many better parts (turbos, tranny parts, aluminum block, billet crank etc) have come out/own now to not do it up better this time. You keep upgrading yours with turbo and heads and intakes, same as me :)

Be fast, be cool.

Jeff M

No rib, no proof

Here agin your saying something you can't prove. As I have said before I will remove it when somebody post a time slip, only proff there is. Oh 1/8 mile slips don't count. :D And frankly I don't belive thoes times. Sounds like something somebody told you. Would you believe I ran a 12.99 with out a slip. Don't think so.

If you ever had a 450 HP motor you could have run times like that or actually a little better. Why didn't you. :?:

In the years I have been on this forum and the old one (TGP)which I read all the time, never have I see any times close to low 13's. Heck never saw 13's.

Yea Ill try an be fast, don't know about cool. And I already have wrinkles.

Sleep tight

Jud

No rib, no proof

Here agin your saying something you can't prove. As I have said before I will remove it when somebody post a time slip, only proff there is. Oh 1/8 mile slips don't count. :D And frankly I don't belive thoes times. Sounds like something somebody told you. Would you believe I ran a 12.99 with out a slip. Don't think so.

If you ever had a 450 HP motor you could have run times like that or actually a little better. Why didn't you. :?:

In the years I have been on this forum and the old one (TGP)which I read all the time, never have I see any times close to low 13's. Heck never saw 13's.

Yea Ill try an be fast, don't know about cool. And I already have wrinkles.

Sleep tight

Jud

So you have the "Quickest" TGP, who has the "Fastest"? Someone must be close on E.T. just better MPH?

Not everyone has time to even GO to the track.

I don't even have a place in town to go to.

I gotta go north on the freeway and that would take half the day.Woodburn is the only place I can think of, (near Salem) and I work every day. :x

They only let you out there certain times of the year. I never been there so I don't even know where that is ,how to get there, what to expect with their rules?

But I just got her running good. I am not expecting anything in the 13's or nothing. It would be hard to make it to the track though. :|

I was turning low 15's at Bandimere last week with a sick clutch that would not pull in the torque curve from 3rd gear on! If I had a good clutch I think I would have shaved at least a second and a half off. But like Jud said...no slippy showing times...no proof!

Come spring the TGP will be a whole other beast for me...and maybe chasing Jud down! :wink: :lol:

October 23rd she will be on the Dyno again to see what 12 psi puts to the ground instead of the 5-6psi Luke ran that put 320 ft/lbs to the ground. I am very curious to see what a difference it makes.

Anyway...play nice gents! Hell if I can do it you all can! :wink: 8)

Are you sure it was only 5-6 psi? I was standing behind Luke while he was holding the boost gauge at the dyno and I remember it being more like 9-10 psi. It was quite a while ago though. Anyway, it's still a torque monster!

Josh's brother is right.. It would peak at 10 PSI and then drop down to 8-9. I never pushed it any farther because of the (bogus) A/F readings their WB02 was giving. It wasn't until I drove it back home that weekend that I dropped the boost down to 4-5. Glad to hear you turned some decent times in it Kenny, your doing better than I ever did in it. :mrgreen:

ahhh...I thought it was set to 5 or 6 and you wouldn't go higher because of te A/F meter they had on site. Oh well...we shall see either way.

Peace and quit high-jacking...nevermind I did it! :lol: 8)

I was turning low 15's at Bandimere last week with a sick clutch that would not pull in the torque curve from 3rd gear on! If I had a good clutch I think I would have shaved at least a second and a half off. But like Jud said...no slippy showing times...no proof!

Come spring the TGP will be a whole other beast for me...and maybe chasing Jud down! :wink: :lol:

October 23rd she will be on the Dyno again to see what 12 psi puts to the ground instead of the 5-6psi Luke ran that put 320 ft/lbs to the ground. I am very curious to see what a difference it makes.

Anyway...play nice gents! Hell if I can do it you all can! :wink: 8)

Umm.....

The current NHRA correction factor for supercharged/turbocharged at Bandimere is :

Convert ET to sea level x .9702

Convert MPH to sea level x 1.0281

So a 15 second et is already a 14.55 you shave another second and a half off your talking a 13 second ET at sea level so in other words your saying that 5spd is a low/mid 13 second car?.....are you sure your clutch was really that bad?