Changing front springs

badassoldspower

auto zone is probably the easiest to rent from. there are two styles. one that's one complete unit and one that has two pieces that you put on either side of the strut. wish i could describe them better. they'll probably have the latter. make sure you tighten them evenly. scribe or mark somehow how the old springs lined up so you know how to put them back in. you will most likely be confused. i def would get it aligned asap.

I used a set of spring compressors that I got from Harbor Freight for $8 on sale.

Cheap, but worked fine.

The 1-piece would probably work better if you can get it.

I go tmine on ebay for $10. Its 2 clamps to go on either side of the spring. Worked great!

I undid 3 nuts on strut tower, compressed both sides of spring, removed center strut nut, pry out rubber thing, unscrewed strut cartiridge from knuckle (needed PB blaster and torch on the other side). pulled spring right out. The new springs barely need compressing to get in! The rest is just reverse.

I Got mine springs in last night. Getting alignment done tuesday. I changed the outer tie rod ends so hopefully i didnt mess anything up. I used the counting method 18 turns off 18 turn to go back on. I can wait to drive it.

:devil:

This took 3 days, the first to were basically learning the process, i actually did the second strut tower in 5 hours. But my whole body hurts now, so time to rest.

Pics soon to come. Birchmount on the back!!!