toggle switch

rshissler

I went to hook up my toggle switch today for my amp remote wire and i seemed to forget witch is witch on the back. Its a rocker type switch with a light that has 3 prongs on the back # 1,2,3 withc is pos, neg, assc.?

assuming that you're cutting positive for the toggle, the middle would be your hot wire, and the outer ones go to your amp/ whatever you want to give power to.... I think.....

Exactly what he said. Nothing was said about ground.

WAIT! You said lighted? Ok their must be a ground then.

so, wait...ur hooking the remote wire directly from the switch to the amp?...and not hooking it to your radio @ all!?...or are you running it from your radio remote to your swtich, then to the amp!?...

ah, I only caught toggle switch, sorry. Wouldn't the power go straight through the light?

Just to be sure, when you say toggle you mean

Up- acessory 1

middle- off

down- accessory 2

right?

if that's true and there's only three prongs........

lol i figured it out. yea me wires goes from the radio to the switch to my amp so that i can turn my amp off when i dont want bass or when im just parked and wanna listen to my radio without killin my battery.

OH! what you need is a circuit breaker.

I use a 100A Monster cable unit for mine.

What you would do is use the blue wire off the deck and run it to the switch if you are going that route. The remote wire.

But solder and shrink wrap the wire ends so you dont pop the remote circuit. The blue wire should have a fuse in line on it.

• 3 weeks later...

hey there,

i hooked up a toggle switch for my amps before and what u need to do is run your wire from the deck to the top prong then the one for the amp on the next on down and the last one should be your ground!

hey there,

i hooked up a toggle switch for my amps before and what u need to do is run your wire from the deck to the top prong then the one for the amp on the next on down and the last one should be your ground!

That is not always true. one is the signal wire, and the other two serve as the power OR ground.

Depending on how you hook it up.

There is nowhere to put a switch in my car so I got a wireless switch box from Autozone for 40 bucks. It comes with a 4 button remote with a on/off switch on it. AND it has one of the buttons got a momentary switch too :D !

For flashing your parking lights and ward off theives :idea: