Dynamat Xtreme... Install done! PICS!!!

19Cutlass94

Well I just got done with the trunk. And basically there really is no more rattling. Except for the trunk lid, didnt do that yet. But I only put down one layer in the trunk then in the back, by the light bar and the tail lights, I over lapped the pieces so theres really two layers back there. But the bumper and the light bar doesnt shake or rattle at all. But the trunk lid still does because like I said I still didnt do that yet because I want to get a carpet made up for it so it looks clean. But s far I layed down like 38sq. ft. and I still have to do the trunk lid and the rear deck lid.

Like should I apply the sound deadener to the bottom of the read deck lid, of the top of it? Like from the bottom in the trunk or the top inside the car. Which way would be better?

yeah the deck between the rear speakers. I was thinking about just doing the top which be the part thats inside the car becase I wouldnt be able to get all of it in the trunk since theres the hinges and bars for the trunk lid.

But I have the trunk done and Im currently working on the trunk lid/rear deck but all rattles and vibrations from the light bar and bumper are gone.

about the pics, Ive been waiting for my uncle to e-mail me those pictures, but I guess he feels lazy as of late :lol:

Well guys I finally got it done. After roughly 10 hours in the trunk Im done! :lol:

PLEASE EXCUSE THE SHITTY PHOTOS!!!

I didnt want to wait for my uncle to send me pictures from his digital camera, so I bought a disposable one. This is the reason they do not look the best.

I think it came out pretty good, but tell me what you think!!!

803598_147_full.jpg

803598_148_full.jpg

803598_149_full.jpg

803598_150_full.jpg

803598_151_full.jpg

803598_152_full.jpg

And heres with everything back in the box, carpet, etc.

803598_153_full.jpg

lol I hope you like it for the amount of time it took to get those up there!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys!

people don't realize how much time it takes to do the install correctly and not make it look like shit

yeah, I think if you havent done that before, you dont know how much of a bitch it is. You really gotta take your time to do it right, and it usually takes a while. Its deffenitely one of those where its harder than it looks. but Ill tell ya, sometimes coming out of that trunk, my knees and back were killing me.

yeah that 10 hours of work was rough! My main concern about doing this was basically just to make it look really good. Because as long as I covered everything, I knew the Dynamat would do its job. Half the time I was measuring to see what size piece I needed, then test fitting that to make sure it was what I wanted and it went in the place that I wanted it to go.

But just for a comparison, before that Dynamat, I had my subs bridged at 2 ohms. Not sure what the amp was puttin out in RMS because it wasnt stable, and I hit 128.3db. After the Dynamat, I had my subs wires in stereo, 180RMS to each sub (more than likely a decrease in power) and I hit 132.7 db. And I have the sheets too :wink: