general turbo question

musthavemuzk

i do recall the fact that turbos like cooler weather and perform better in this kind of weather.

does this apply to all turbos? i mean to the ones on cars as well as tractors and to any that might be on recreational rides.

how cool is too cool? is sub freezing too cool? is the donut too cool? or is there precautions that can be taken to reduce possible problems if the turboed vehicle is driven in temps of this nature?

Monty

colder the better. stock TGP turbo's if i am correct are water/oil cooled. so it will stay at its optimal temp at all time.. allot of trubos are only oil cooled and the car needs to idle and cool down or you can warp the trubo from the sudden drop in temp if you just shut off the car, Hence the use of a trubo timer.

Colder air is denser. that will help prevent detination. the compressed air is allready hotter then the outside temps. so colder outside the better. the intercooler will cool the air more if its colder outside. this is common for all trubo applications.

RedZ