how and what needed to add dual ehaust

stlunatics2oo3

i have an 89 cutlass supreme 2 door coupe and i was wonderin how to do this cause my friends are almost makin me put a fart can on unless i do my dual ehaust thing so i would like to kno what parts needed and exactly how to do it thanks in advance

Well, the easiest and cheapest thing you can do is visit a junkyard, you should be able to find a Grand Prix coupe with a 2 1/4 dual exhaust. Best part is, it's stainless steel, and should be under $50, depending on where you go. it'll fit perfectly, and it really opens the exhaust up :)

You definitely want this more than a friggin fart can. Dual Exhaust looks and sounds so much sweeter.

-MaD-

iunno i am kinda wantin new but about what year coupe cause my junkyard owners are assholes but umm yeah if you have an idea where to get an dual ehaust parts that are new or an order part thing i will be great thankful

Odds are, you're not going to find a place with a ready-to-install cat back for any W-body, other than the junkyard. You'll more than likely need to go to a custom exhaust shop if you want it to be new. Just make sure they make it fit, and fit well, and make sure it's mandrel bent, and stainless steel.

I found a place (Fair Muffler) around me that'll do a 2.5 inch setup for about $150, but that's just for the piping. And shit, I don't even know if it's stainless steel! I'll have to ask.

-MaD-

You'll have a dual exhaust setup if you get the piping from a dual exhaust car. All you have to do is go to a junkyard, find any W-body car (usually 89-93 GP coupes) with a dual exhaust, and remove eveything after the catalytic converter. You can hack off the mufflers if you wish, then you'll need to remove your current exhaust on your cutlass, and you'll be able to use the original hangers that came with your can, then you can either clamp that to your cat, or have a shop weld it on. Now, It's not a TRUE dual exhaust (two cats), and it doesn't even split at the cat (there's a Y pipe under the spare tire thing that braches off to the other side) but unfortunately, because of the fuel rails, this will probably never happen on a W-Body car, but this is technically dual exhaust, and it looks and sounds sweet.

Seriously, go with this setup, if it's good enough for a TGP, it's good enough for a n/a cutlass. If you want noise, leave the mufflers off and put some tips on the ends.

-MaD-

You'll have a dual exhaust setup if you get the piping from a dual exhaust car. All you have to do is go to a junkyard, find any W-body car (usually 89-93 GP coupes) with a dual exhaust, and remove eveything after the catalytic converter. You can hack off the mufflers if you wish, then you'll need to remove your current exhaust on your cutlass, and you'll be able to use the original hangers that came with your can, then you can either clamp that to your cat, or have a shop weld it on. Now, It's not a TRUE dual exhaust (two cats), and it doesn't even split at the cat (there's a Y pipe under the spare tire thing that braches off to the other side) but unfortunately, because of the fuel rails, this will probably never happen on a W-Body car, but this is technically dual exhaust, and it looks and sounds sweet.

Seriously, go with this setup, if it's good enough for a TGP, it's good enough for a n/a cutlass. If you want noise, leave the mufflers off and put some tips on the ends.

-MaD-[/color]

Yeah I'll vouch for that, I just clamped on a 1992 GP SE dual exh setup to my 90 CS...if you need any help with this, don't hesitate to ask!

yeah brian i will need help i called the junk yard today they pulled it out and have it waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow so please tell me how to do it to the exact thanks so much you all real good help

Just chop off your old exhaust in 2 spots: the cat and about 1 foot in front of the muffler (at the bend that goes over the rear suspension, otherwise you wont be able to putt it out) also you'll need the rubber hangars and brackets for the left muffler, might as well get the right side too since some are difft lengths...the duals will use the same mounting points- 2 at each muffler (one in front, one at the bumper), the pass side under the door, and the two rubber donuts. Either clamp or weld to the catalyst. Also certain models have one more bracket that holds it to the rear suspension (the pass side plate that holds the monoleaf) but mine doesnt have it and it's fine. Hope this helps!