Black liquid stuff coming out of tail pipe

BlueCutSupreme

uhh what could this be? someitmes after i've been driving a little while and park my car in the garage, the next morning there will be a puddle about the size of a cd of blackish brownish liquid under the exhaust pipe. What's the prob here?

no problem. its water. water is a byproduct of an internal combustion engine. the black/brown is soot and probably rust from inside the exhaust system mixing with the water before it makes it out.

no problem. its water. water is a byproduct of an internal combustion engine. the black/brown is soot and probably rust from inside the exhaust system mixing with the water before it makes it out.

Yupper... 8)

ARGH!!!!!!!!! RUN for your LIVES!!!! It's the black OOOZE ARGH!!!!!!

Nothing like the smell of a plastic bag that has gotten stuck on an exhaust hanger under the car and metled to the exhaust pipe so that there is tthis lovely plastic goo coating on it...

Nothing like the smell of a plastic bag that has gotten stuck on an exhaust hanger under the car and metled to the exhaust pipe so that there is tthis lovely plastic goo coating on it...

I had a plastic bag create a smell for 6 months, no matter how much I scraped at it. FInally it just all went away, it was right after the catalyst too!

• 1 month later...

I had a plastic bag create a smell for 6 months, no matter how much I scraped at it. FInally it just all went away, it was right after the catalyst too!

LMAO... I had that happen to me as well a couple years ago. One day I was walking into work (after shopping at Wal-Mart the previous night) and happened to look up at my car on the hill and noticed something hanging down from undernieth. Went back up to see what the problem was and it was a Wal-Mart bag stuck to the cat. I pulled off what I could and drove around with the rest melted on. Stunk for a good six months until it finally went away.