'97-'03 GP DIC Dimensions?

bluegp

Throwing around ideas...what are the measurements of a '97-'03 GP (trip) DIC (W & H)? I was also wondering what it measures from the left edge of the 3 buttons to the right edge of the display and from the top button to the bottom button. If anybody has taken one apart, can the described section be removed from the rest? In other words, can you cut off the right side with the traction control stuff & the blank area on the left without the internals getting in the way?

Guest Anonymous

I don't **think** you can take them apart, as in separate them, as I beleive there is a circuit board back there. I had the base one once and i gutted it, and it had the circuit board across the entire back.

Yeah ross is right. I had to replace the bulbs in mine and had it apart. Circuit board all the way across it.

Yes, I had my DIC out a few weeks ago and this is true. I don't have measurements though, sorry!

Yeah ross is right. I had to replace the bulbs in mine and had it apart. Circuit board all the way across it.

Yes, I had my DIC out a few weeks ago and this is true. I don't have measurements though, sorry!

Well, crap then. I'm still gonna get one to play with if I can find it cheap enough. If anybody measured theirs, I'd still like to know.

What I thought would be neat to do, if it was possible, is to put one in my '97 Firebird. It looks like the display and the 3 buttons would fit nicely in the console in place of the cubby & lighter (where the console meets the dash). The thing I'm not sure about is if the Firebird's computer provides the correct data for the DIC - would anybody here know? Also, I believe, the Firebird's gas tank is not the same size as the Grand Prix's - I'm wondering if that would throw anything off .

Guest Anonymous

well since its a 97 its OBD2 and will work. Your range feauture probably wouldnt be acccurate becuase the DIC is probably programmed for a certain capacity.

The circuit board on my base one was of the flexable type and maybe you could bend it to fit? just throwing around ideas.

• 5 months later...