4T60e vs 4T65e vs 4T65e-HD

THe_DeTAiL3R

Okay lets just say I wanted to push 300-400hp out of an engine.

No matter which one I'd get it rebuilt, and built stronger to handle the power. I'm assuming the 4T65e is stronger than the 4T60e no matter what(?), but can you get a regular 4T65e and have it built stronger than a 4T65e-HD, or would you still be best off to get a 4T65e-HD and get it rebuilt for more power.

I'm thinking in advance for a possible project. :wink:

as i understand it the non-HD version of the t65 is better as far as building up for power than the HD version. Apperntly alot of clubGP l67s are going to the no-hd t65 though Im not sure of the details as to why this might.

I do know the non-hd can be built to take over 400ponies and I know that a non-hd core is cheaper and easier to find so maybe that is why.

there was never such an engine combo so theres no PCM programmed for it. Technically you could use the ODBII PCM used in the Impala and MCs that had the 3400 and the t65 but I opted away from that comb because of all the extra security stuff needed 00+.

It is possible to build a t60 to take power. I have personally seen a CSCed Grand Prix SE with a t60 trans built that ran consistent low to mid 13s.

Hmm.. well that's too bad. A 4T65e would be needed for the engine combo I wanna do anyways. I'd like to get something really good on gas (ie Crapalier) also if I decide to go through with my project.

there was never such an engine combo so theres no PCM programmed for it. Technically you could use the ODBII PCM used in the Impala and MCs that had the 3400 and the t65 but I opted away from that comb because of all the extra security stuff needed 00+.

You sure? I thought after a certain year, all engines got the 65-E tranny, and GPSE's had 3100's.

You sure? I thought after a certain year, all engines got the 65-E tranny, and GPSE's had 3100's.

AFAIK like the montes all the 3100s were mated to what was left of the t60s. I could be wrong though

yup. My sis's '02 GP is 3100/4T65E

I didint even know they were still using the 3100 past 00 except in the fleet luminas. The base MC went to the 3400 in 00.

Strange.

so can you bolt a 4T65E up to an LG5 or LQ1 that would potentially have up to 300HP?

With an LQ1 its farily easy, the 97 monte has that engine combo, so all you need is that PCM and harness with the trans and you can make happen. LG5? Is that the other RPO code for the 3400? I always call it the LA1. With the 3400 its more of a pain because the t65 wasnt mated to the 60v6 pushrods till 00+ and there are enough differences in the harnesses to make it a serious PITA to make it work (though quite possible if you want to hack the harness enough)

the question here for you Mr. C-bad is how much the 4t65e is to build up...zzp offers very good internals, but at a high expense. I never priced an upgrade for my tranny, but maybe its a good time to check into it. I'm also in the market for a daily driver....I would love to turbo this L36 :mrgreen: