Back Speakers? What?

Tigershark

i'm trying to hook up the Cut with a decent system... so far I got some Bumps and now i need to figure out what the best choice would be for the back speakers and the dash... i would like to go with kenwood or Alpine but i really don't know much about speakers so if anyone can lend a hand.. i would be very grateful. by the way i have a Pioneer deck which i will soon be replacing for a kenwood so .... thanks

the only reason i want to go with alpine is because the last one I had was really good.... i didn't have it for too long but it was great. i had it hooked up in my 5.0 and it really did what I needed. Until my Stang got jacked and that was it for that.

All my speakers and subs are Infinity and the sound quality is Great! When I had only had the four interior speakers amped, I could not blow them and I pushed them very hard. Personally, I would recommend Infinity. Since Alpine and Infinity are basically in the same price range, it just depends on what one you think sounds best to YOU. But like I said, Id go Infinity.

I'm not impressed with the Infinity speakers in my Spyder :shrug:

Do you have an amp behind them? Because I think you really need an amp to bring them to life.

yup...an infinity amp actually

Do you have an amp behind them? Because I think you really need an amp to bring them to life.

Hmmm.... I have a shitty pyramid amp that I think is on its way out now, but that powered em pretty good. But I never bought the Infinity amps because I didnt think they pumped out enough RMS to get em going. But maybe its just one of those things where whatever sounds good to you :shrug:

Check out CDT Audio.

I would upgrade the doors/dash first, with some high quality speakers & amp them.

Then do the rears, if I did them at all. The reason for no big hurry for the rears is- They are more for rear fill.

But, I'm also more of a SQ guy.

The doors..... ehem .. I don't think my Cut came with door speakers. I Haven't seen them yet. But yeah the dash actually had a set of Pyle Speakers, They were blown though. what wattage do you think is necessary for the dash?

do you know what series you installed...I've heard good stuff about the Kappa's

I'm not impressed with the durability of Infinity speakers. I have some in my truck that are just a few years old, and the plastic cones are all cracked and melted.

I have Kenwood 6x9s...and I love them. They pound pretty good. I don't have a sub, but they produce good bass, and decent high notes as well, but that is what my front speakers are for with my setup...

It really depends on how much you want to spend and what other components you have in the car. I really hope the Kenwood you're replacing your current HU with isn't a cheap-ass model. Low-end Kenwood sucks cock. Very finicky with CD's, shitty sound quality, and poor controls and functionality. If I was designing a system, I'd most likely have an Eclipse headunit, PowerAcoustik or Zapco or Old-school SoundStream amp, with Boston Acoustics components all around. I haven't really thought about what subs I would prefer, but then again I'm not big on "bump", and the BA Z6's sound absolutely perfect for me even with no extra bass in the trunk.

Oh.. I better get a job.. :lol:

It really depends on how much you want to spend and what other components you have in the car. I really hope the Kenwood you're replacing your current HU with isn't a cheap-ass model. Low-end Kenwood sucks cock. Very finicky with CD's, shitty sound quality, and poor controls and functionality. If I was designing a system, I'd most likely have an Eclipse headunit, PowerAcoustik or Zapco or Old-school SoundStream amp, with Boston Acoustics components all around. I haven't really thought about what subs I would prefer, but then again I'm not big on "bump", and the BA Z6's sound absolutely perfect for me even with no extra bass in the trunk.

Oh.. I better get a job.. :lol:

Soundstream amps all the way...I used the Rubicon series when I competed and they were worth every penny!

I really didn't want additional bass or anything like that .. I think a good set of 6x9's in the back.. and whatever the dash takes.. but i don't want something lame either... maybe two hundred dollars for four speakers.... what do you think? i was planning on getting a HU that was around 250... at Sears.. I forget which series it was.... but it was nice. the last one I had was around the same price maybe a lil more expensive but.. for I need it for I think it should be enough. i mean i don't want to enter any competitions but when I cruise around with my girl.. i want it to sound good. or even when I'm without my girl :wink: :bash: anyways... do you think an additional amp would be a good idea for the speakers I'm trying to get?

Check out CDT Audio.

I would upgrade the doors/dash first, with some high quality speakers & amp them.

Then do the rears, if I did them at all. The reason for no big hurry for the rears is- They are more for rear fill.

But, I'm also more of a SQ guy.

I couldnt agree more!!! I would Go CDT's...But if you have to buy locally The alpine type S arent bad either. I still use the 4" in my front dash to compliment my cdt components in the doors.

I really didn't want additional bass or anything like that .. I think a good set of 6x9's in the back.. and whatever the dash takes.. but i don't want something lame either... maybe two hundred dollars for four speakers.... what do you think? i was planning on getting a HU that was around 250... at Sears.. I forget which series it was.... but it was nice. the last one I had was around the same price maybe a lil more expensive but.. for I need it for I think it should be enough. i mean i don't want to enter any competitions but when I cruise around with my girl.. i want it to sound good. or even when I'm without my girl :wink: :bash: anyways... do you think an additional amp would be a good idea for the speakers I'm trying to get?

The best thing to do would be to buy a deck that has internal crossovers for the speaker outputs. It will make a huge difference in how they sound. You'll be able to get better sound quality at higher volumes because the bass isnt causing them to distort.

If you want the best!!!! Get components and amp them. And your ears will thank you every day! :D